Seeking Wholesalers, Agregators, or Clusters For New Agent with No Experience

scagentnew

Hi, I am new to the forum and the industry. I am newly licensed P&C with no experience looking to start an IA. However I cant find anybody that will let me sign on with no experience. Any suggestions?????

What does your business plan look like?

Where are you?

What finances are lined up to help you while things are very thin for the first few months to a year?

Welllllllll,

I suggest getting a business plan pulled together. Paint the picture of what it is you want to create and how fast it is you believe you are capable of creating it. Tell the story. Convince a group to spend the time training you so you can be amazing. (Wait, let me start by saying, Find a group capable of training you, then convince....It is not all about access.)

Smart choice will take you without it. The access and contract might be perfect for you....might not....depends on what you want.

The answers probably depend on what part of sc. I'm upstate, and what markets we need here is very different than if you're coastal.

I will tell you, though, I got a couple of appointments I probably shouldn't have, because I ad a halfway decent business plan and means of producing volume. And probably partly due to being right place/right time. Make your business plan first. Be VERY specific about how you plan to produce, and also about how you will underwrite a risk when you are talking to a carrier rep. It's a tough market right now. Lot of carriers losing money right now, especially gsp and South of Charlotte.

In SC no business plan. Wife will take care of bills for home. I can handle an office bills.

No experience, no business plan....and you want to open an IA? There is no respectable outfit that's going to give you direct access to preferred carriers. Also....I mean cmon man? It's one thing to prioritize taking action...but it's another thing to not know what you don't know.

Up your game...bro.

1st of all, don't go to SMART CHOICE AGENTS. They will ruin your chances to ever be reputable.

2nd: You need a business plan. Most Independent Agents start out with a captive company. I tell you, don't do it. Instead, find an independent agency and become a producer for them. Produce and learn the ropes. Get experience and show the carriers your worth the risk.

3rd: if your going to be independent, you have to have your own retail office space. Most carriers will never appoint you if your working from your home.

5th: You must have at least $25k in the bank to prove to carriers your financially stable for those lean months.

6th: A business plan includes your marketing plan and your execution of how your going to build your business. Where will you find clients? You need at least 5 resources that your leads are coming from. Who are your referral partners? You need at least 5 of them. A marketing plan will line up how many leads will make a quote, how many quotes will make a sale. You won't have real numbers because you have not gotten out there to sell. It's different for each person.

Become a producer for an independent agency. Better exit plan and might help you get appointed faster.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back