Selling 50 to 60 Policies Per Month but No Commission

Wandaheath1

I've been doing this for well over a year now. I average about 52 policies including P&C, life, bank loans, etc. I only get commission if I have 30 raw new in auto, 11 in fire and 3 life. They must also be issued by the end of the month. So even if I sell 100 policies and don't hit that mix, I get no commission. Add-ons do not count. I only made bonus/commission twice last year even though I sold well over 600 policies for the entire year. Is that fair or am I getting ripped off? The entire year I only had 23 chargebacks. Base pay is 25k.

It's perfectly fair, now just keep hitting the spike with that hammer and keep your eyes down!

You know in your heart and also mind apparently that it isn't fair or your 1st post upon entering this vast library of knowledge wouldn't be so self centered around your personal income potential.

I'm only joking around some but my question is how did you get started? Why did you think that was a fair trade off or commission and bonus structure? How much longer do you think you can keep up working for less than $500 a week with no end in sight?

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

I've been doing this for well over a year now. I average about 52 policies including P&C, life, bank loans, etc. I only get commission if I have 30 raw new in auto, 11 in fire and 3 life. They must also be issued by the end of the month. So even if I sell 100 policies and don't hit that mix, I get no commission. Add-ons do not count. I only made bonus/commission twice last year even though I sold well over 600 policies for the entire year. Is that fair or am I getting ripped off? The entire year I only had 23 chargebacks. Base pay is 25k.

When you say you sold these policies did you generate the contact or where these walk ins/call ins?

It's perfectly fair, now just keep hitting the spike with that hammer and keep your eyes down!

You know in your heart and also mind apparently that it isn't fair or your 1st post upon entering this vast library of knowledge wouldn't be so self centered around your personal income potential.

I'm only joking around some but my question is how did you get started? Why did you think that was a fair trade off or commission and bonus structure? How much longer do you think you can keep up working for less than $500 a week with no end in sight?

Good Luck and Happy

Well this is my first time working in insurance and I had no idea what the pay structure should be like. I work hard regardless of the field I'm in, so I've been pounding the pavement trying to get those bonuses that never come to fruition. I'm sure that I just need to look elsewhere instead of continuing to fill this guy's pockets. Of course, he keeps saying he's not making any money yet since he is still a new agent. Trust me- I'm looking for something else immediately. BTW, I was not boasting. I truly don't anyone to compare with. I'm the only salesperson in my office. I also do service but the other employee strictly does service.
I like your sarcasm though. I'm thick skinned so that kind of stuff doesn't bother me. Lol

----------

When you say you sold these policies did you generate the contact or where these walk ins/call ins?

Both. We used to use leads but they were trash and rarely generated sales. My sales now are generated from personal contacts, referrals, and call/walk-ins. I'm also required to set up events where we go out and market to solicit customers while making ourselves more visible within the local community. Initially it had to be 1 event per month. However, we've just entered our second year and with only 2 people on staff and a growing book, it's more difficult to schedule events away from the office.

Do you have a Prop and Casualty Lic in your State?
What state are you in?

If you have all your licenses then go find an independent agency with at least 10-15 in the office, preferably where a few of them have been with the owner since almost the inception...at least those people won't rob you blind and actually will teach you the business. Just my .02

Good Luck to you, again I hope you find what you are looking for.

What state are you in?

If you have all your licenses then go find an independent agency with at least 10-15 in the office, preferably where a few of them have been with the owner since almost the inception...at least those people won't rob you blind and actually will teach you the business. Just my .02

I'm in Georgia. I'm licensed in P & C and also L & H. It was a requirement to be licensed before I was hired. I'm looking as we speak. Most of the agencies in my area are small though- 3 people at the most. There has to be something better though. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

What state are you in?

I'm in Georgia. I'm licensed in P & C and also L & H. It was a requirement to be licensed before I was hired. I'm looking as we speak. Most of the agencies in my area are small though- 3 people at the most. There has to be something better though. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Here is an idea...call a few of the bigger businesses in your area OR call a handful of mortgage shops and simply ask them who is handling their P&C. Just tell them you are a new agent with a license and want to know the best place to set up shop...they just might tell you.

It might be one of those 3 man shops.

How much premium do you regularly sell monthly? If you're selling cheap units then it's a toss up. If you're writing 20k in premium or more a month you should be making commission.

How much premium do you regularly sell monthly? If you're selling cheap units then it's a toss up. If you're writing 20k in premium or more a month you should be making commission.

My premiums are no less than 40k per month consistently.

Back