Selling commercial insurance to business owners

Superfly / G Phong ,

Just showed it to a 10 yr vet who's a phd in psychology and ran a very successful Advertising agency prior to a 3rd career in insurance - dude doesnt have to work - he has fun meeting people and selling [trip on that?] He does 401k and Group benefits. He saw today what Im sending you, and about had a canniption - wishing - like I was that we had this about 15 yrs ago ...

Is this the program about sending out cards to clients? If so, I think it adds a great touch.

I'm not sure which I like better: Sending out cards, or Beach Broker's Newsletter idea.

So Close to 20 posts. . . . Good luck, I'm going to be marketing a lot into the Commercial Market myself. I've had some success with small businesses, mainly fast food type establishments.

Testing the waters will help a lot on your preparation. This way you can have a taste of what's in stored for you. Internet marketing can help a lot as a strategy in making sales for your P&C insurance plus the cold calling that you are already familiar with. Good Luck!

Commercial insurance is the "whale" of insurance premiums. But home and auto is your bread and butter. Those are super easy- everyone drives something, and everyone needs to sleep somewhere! The best way to sell is to offer the multi-policy disocunts. You can typically compete with the geicos and Mercury that way. I've found selling commercial to be very difficult. People are either too busy, or don't want to be burdoned with the insurance hassle. Try getting involved with your local chamber of commerce. You can build relationships pretty quick that way. Best of luck!

SoCal

Would you be able to send me this package? I have recently started selling insurance for about 3 months and am trying to break into the commercial market as well. I know this is an old post but any extra info would be great. Thanks!

I'm in California and find the best pricing for smaller risks with Financial Pacific. Otherwise I go to Golden Eagle (might be called Liberty Mutual in your stae).

What would be a good way for me to get into selling commercial, I have a couple of customersinterested in getting quotes for general liability but I don't know how to get started.

I only sell commercial insurance on the P&C side and the posts are 100 % correct. It is a lot to learn and every risk has different exposures.

I agree that is very important to have a mentor that can offer advice on coverages. I also think it is best to specialize in one or two SIC codes and learn all you can about it and the exposures they have.

Don't make the mistake I made by becoming a quote machine. Learn to ask questions and qualify clients before taking many hours of your time preparing quotes only to have the client use your quote to keep his/her cureent agent honest and also using your information to have their incumbent agent fill in coverage gaps, fix mistakes, and MATCH YOUR PRICE!!!! They don't even have to beat it for the client to stay with them.

hmmmmmmmmmm.....I thought I was the only one who made that mistake. Someone, on this forum, suggested me not to provide the quote in the beginning of the process.

I dont do P&C insurance anymore, but the principal still applies to Life as well.

...Don't make the mistake I made by becoming a quote machine. ..... only to have the client use your quote to keep his/her cureent agent honest and also using your information to have their incumbent agent fill in coverage gaps, fix mistakes, and MATCH YOUR PRICE!!!! They don't even have to beat it for the client to stay with them.

Dwayne, does this mean you no longer sell med supps? I've not been able to force myself that way yet as it seems the comm'l P & C is keeping more than busy enough. Enjoying CRIS?

Latest posts

Back