Selling P & C Over Email

DJAJ

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
How much information are you guys putting in to your emails? I am getting a little frustrated with the fact that no one wants to do business over the phone anymore. For example, I just got this referral from a real estate agent this week. These people are buying a million dollar home and have 0 desire to talk over the phone. Everything is through email. Well there is a lot to go over with that type of purchase. So I try to do as good of a job as I can over email but no way this should be done over email. Email business is all price. Which then makes me think well just send over the crappiest lowest priced policy because that's what will get their attention. But of course that's going to blow up in my face when there is a claim.

So how are you guys winning email biz? Are you quoting the policy that you know they should purchase or giving them the lowest priced one you have? What other things are you saying in your emails that help win you the biz? Thanks!

I throw the lowest price possible w/ high deductibles & always make sure to suggest additional coverage's & cover myself. Indians? Then ask their number or give yours saying you need to connect via phone. They're vetting you on price for now so play their *** game.

Give them options and explain why the different prices. Once you pass the 'price' test, which is the gate you have to get through, then they will usually talk with you to discuss coverages.

I'm similar in that if I'm on a website looking at something and they don't list a price, I'm moving on to some place else. I just need to make sure the pricing is something reasonable, from there I can look at variances.

A lot of people looking at insurance for a home purchase want a decent ballpark premium so they can plug in some numbers to see if it is affordable (the payment for the home). They don't want to spend an hour on the phone with 5 agents to get a ballpark premium, they want to narrow it down to 1 or 2, then have the discussions.

Its the modern world. Next up you'll be selling policies via text messages.

Dan

Give them options and explain why the different prices. Once you pass the 'price' test, which is the gate you have to get through, then they will usually talk with you to discuss coverages.

I'm similar in that if I'm on a website looking at something and they don't list a price, I'm moving on to some place else. I just need to make sure the pricing is something reasonable, from there I can look at variances.

A lot of people looking at insurance for a home purchase want a decent ballpark premium so they can plug in some numbers to see if it is affordable (the payment for the home). They don't want to spend an hour on the phone with 5 agents to get a ballpark premium, they want to narrow it down to 1 or 2, then have the discussions.

Its the modern world. Next up you'll be selling policies via text messages.

Dan

So about a month ago I sold my first policy where the only communications occurred via text messages.

If they are willing to answer all of your questions via email... whats the issue?

Make sure when you send over the proposal that it is well put together, thorough, and provides real "value" as opposed to the price.

Personally I find that some people are MORE likely to buy from you when you are willing to do it over email.

If I was going to try to scam an insurance agent...i would most definitely try it through email vs face to face

I'd be curious to see the long term profitability of this type of business.

i've seen dozens tried in the last 29 years....and have become selective as a result

one recent situation i just heard ....prospect pulled into agents parking lot because he requires a face to face on all new business...prospect didn't come in for 20 minutes so a csr went out and woke her up....fell asleep again in the interview...apparently a meth side effect...didn't end up with insurance, but online was an ideal risk

when contingency checks reach six figures it affects the agency management

Back