Should I Claim Against Neighbor or Claim Against My Home Insurance Policy ?

I'm in Ks but I had an insured forget to turn off their hose and it flooded their neighbors basement and we paid under their liab. Obviously this wasn't caused by their negligence but its somewhat the same type of situation. I would have your agent talk to your adjusters and see if this is a situation where you should file it on your own ins and they can subrogate against their ins company even though it doesn't meet your ded. Not sure how that would work exactly but its def work asking about. Good luck!

You need to lower your deductible just in case something else occurs within your home. I know people with $250 and $500 deductibles. Plus, you need to call Metro Public Adjusters, I think they're located in California. They will probably get you more money for your claim. Because, your insurance claim adjuster is there to minimize your claim, and a Licensed Public Adjuster will help maximize your claim. That's probably why your insurance company only gave you $2200 knowing your deductible is $2500. You need to give Metro a call. Good Luck

Back