Since Getting Away from Price Selling

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
I made some changes over the last few months to work less. One of which has been presenting only my top paying carriers w/ better coverage's (Encompass, Kemper, Penn National & other regionals.) I figured I would write less people, but get about the same overall premium (thus working less w/ no cut in pay.)

In reality, I'm actually writing the same (if not more) households & simply getting like 20% more premium. People really do care about value when you present to them in a certain way. I have constantly said "listen, I have some companies that are cheaper BUT...I think this company is better for X, Y & Z" and believe it or not...they're actually listening.

I can't even stop to think how much more premium (and premium with higher paying companies..) I'd have if I would have been doing this for years.

I have constantly said "listen, I have some companies that are cheaper BUT...I think this company is better for X, Y & Z" and believe it or not...they're actually listening.

I can't even stop to think how much more premium (and premium with higher paying companies..) I'd have if I would have been doing this for years.

What are typically the "X, Y & Z" you're mentioning that they're responding to?

That is great. How are you having this conversation? Also, is this mainly in your office or over the phone?

Well well well... sell on value. Never thought I'd read that from you

Next thing you know you'll do mail marketing and hire a producer to close leads.

Age does have some advantages. Maybe not many, but at least some....

Kaizen is alive and well, glad to hear it's working for you 1822

Everything I sell is over the phone. I have a very good reputation in the real estate community & it pays off. If my regionals are close (within $200 - $300) I'll explain regionals are better long term companies due to their pricing being more stable. I explained their rates will increase every year no-matter who they're with (they appreciate the honesty.)

If Encompass is close, I throw out the Elite plans (so now they're maybe $30-45$/month extra compared to Travelers..) and again many people don't even think twice & take the better coverage.

They really go w/ whatever I suggest for the most part. I used to always pull the cheapest carrier & build coverage from there. Now (having to remarket Nationals who take the knee jerk rate increases..) I realize more then ever...the regionals are where the long term game is.

Isn't Encompass owned by Allsnake? Allsnakes quarterly financials show that they are losing money on Encompass. Why wouldn't they be taking rate.

Isn't Encompass owned by Allsnake? Allsnakes quarterly financials show that they are losing money on Encompass. Why wouldn't they be taking rate.

I believe you are confusing Encompass with Esurance. Esurance has been bleeding since before Allstate bought them.

They actually own both. Encompass is Allsnakes indy channel and Esurance is there online company. Both channels are bleeding red.

They actually own both. Encompass is Allsnakes indy channel and Esurance is there online company. Both channels are bleeding red.

I'm aware they own both. It looks like they have cleaned up Encompass and it showed a slight underwriting profit for 2016. Still very small in all aspects when compared against the main Allstate brand.

Back