Snow Plow Market in NY??

adamsagency

Expert
I have a client looking for snow plow insurance in the NY market. Can anyone recommend a agency to go through in order to try and write?

Thank you.

Try contacting North East Agencies. I don't really reccomend them but I believe that they have the market.

a good market in ny state is Empire State Underwriters 516-396-4604 ask for Dave Schepsman tell him Andrew Sent you he uses Golden Insurance Co and a few others

Its very difficult to find a good policy. Either they are RRG or have large deds.
Depending on what it is I would suggest writing a GL policy for what they do, ie landscaper, electrician...etc which would usually cover the snow plow operations. To get it on its own is expensive and a pita.

Snow plow is not tough in NY it's only height based contractors that are hard to get a decent price for.

I have some carriers that will do snowplow/landscape based on employee over payroll which can be competitive. No audit at the end of the year either

Its very difficult to find a good policy. Either they are RRG or have large deds.
Depending on what it is I would suggest writing a GL policy for what they do, ie landscaper, electrician...etc which would usually cover the snow plow operations. To get it on its own is expensive and a pita.

Whats wrong with RRG?

Whats wrong with RRG?

Several things:

The lack of governmental regulation.

High fees.

Usually a poor coverage form.

The misrepresentation of a few members and/or a few large claims can ruin if for the whole group.

Many contracts will not allow a contractor to have a RRG.

I would also question what happens when the go under. Do members obtain coverage through the state like with other admitted companies?

Back