Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum

Reply to So This Happened on the Last Day of July     
Old 08-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
Super Genius
Rick Deckard on So This Happened on the Last Day of July

State: Rick Deckard is an Insurance Agent from
So This Happened on the Last Day of July So This Happened on the Last Day of July
July 31st, last day of the month, so if you are a personal lines guy you probably have home purchases on the last day of the month...used to own a moving company and the last 2-3 days of the month were fully booked with the LAST day being the absolute most busy day, homes move on the last day of the month.

Named storm in Florida, most Carriers shut the valve off and refuse to bind until storm passes. About 9 AM yesterday morning I get a phone call which is a referral but we are gonna play last minute beat the clock on a Builder's Risk with a $2.1 MM purchase price, you following so far?

I take the full app but I have never done a Builder's Risk and I took the app to the owner, passed me off to an agent who was already busy...bottom line I grab the main Producer who is never in the office but always eager to help me especially high value...he takes care of it all and we BOUND a $12k premium at about 6:30-7:00 last night after everyone else was home and relaxing.

If I had allowed the mindset of others seep into me and not pressed to find someone motivated enough to say we CAN DO vs "That person shouldn't have waited until the last minute" and I hope you get what I'm saying.

On this board we have 2 types of folks, those who have a CAN DO attitude and go out of their way to pave the way and then we have those who tell you 100 ways this won't work...both are appreciative but sometimes we have folks that are so negative that if you walk into a dark room they start to develop, get it?

Cheers!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to So This Happened on the Last Day of July
Old 08-01-2017, 11:36 AM   #2
Super Genius
adjusterjack on So This Happened on the Last Day of July

State: adjusterjack is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
So This Happened on the Last Day of July Re: So This Happened on the Last Day of July
sometimes we have folks that are so negative that if you walk into a dark room they start to develop
Great line. I'm gonna steal it.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
Guru
Justin Bilyj on So This Happened on the Last Day of July

State: Justin Bilyj is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
Justin Bilyj is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
So This Happened on the Last Day of July Re: So This Happened on the Last Day of July
Excellent Post Deckard...
Old 08-01-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
Super Genius
entrep1776 on So This Happened on the Last Day of July

State: entrep1776 is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Great line. I'm gonna steal it.
Gonna steal it too! but probably only work on the over 30 audience!

If you wouldn't say it to someone in real life, why would you type it to someone on the Internet?
Reply to So This Happened on the Last Day of July 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum