So This Happened on the Last Day of July

Rick Deckard

Guru
100+ Post Club
July 31st, last day of the month, so if you are a personal lines guy you probably have home purchases on the last day of the month...used to own a moving company and the last 2-3 days of the month were fully booked with the LAST day being the absolute most busy day, homes move on the last day of the month.

Named storm in Florida, most Carriers shut the valve off and refuse to bind until storm passes. About 9 AM yesterday morning I get a phone call which is a referral but we are gonna play last minute beat the clock on a Builder's Risk with a $2.1 MM purchase price, you following so far?

I take the full app but I have never done a Builder's Risk and I took the app to the owner, passed me off to an agent who was already busy...bottom line I grab the main Producer who is never in the office but always eager to help me especially high value...he takes care of it all and we BOUND a $12k premium at about 6:30-7:00 last night after everyone else was home and relaxing.

If I had allowed the mindset of others seep into me and not pressed to find someone motivated enough to say we CAN DO vs "That person shouldn't have waited until the last minute" and I hope you get what I'm saying.

On this board we have 2 types of folks, those who have a CAN DO attitude and go out of their way to pave the way and then we have those who tell you 100 ways this won't work...both are appreciative but sometimes we have folks that are so negative that if you walk into a dark room they start to develop, get it?

Cheers!

Back