Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum

Reply to Software Design/International Laibility?     
Old 01-29-2015, 09:36 PM   #1

State: Jcarpenter is an Insurance Agent from
Software Design/International Laibility? Software Design/International Laibility?
Hello all,

I have a prospective client that I am hoping someone on here will be able to offer some advice on. My client has designed a software program that is used to control the movement of CNC machines. They build the hardware necessary for the operation of this software ultimately resulting in a "computer" that is plugged into the CNC machine and used to control the machining of a product to required specifications. This completed product(software program) is sold internationally which brings up a concern for their international exposure. Most GL policies will provide coverage in the event of a products liability claim brought against insured when product is sold internationally only if the suit is brought in the specified coverage territory. What happens in the event my insured is involved in a suit in a territory not in the specified coverage territory? Is there a company that you know will provide a true International coverage territory? What companies have you had success placing this type of risk?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Software Design/International Laibility?
Old 01-30-2015, 09:14 AM   #2
djs
Guru

State: djs is an Insurance Agent from California
djs is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Software Design/International Laibility? Re: Software Design/International Laibility?
I doubt this will be a standard policy, especially given the risk as soon as you interface to a CNC machine.

Its an interesting question.... wish I could help with an answer.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:44 AM   #3
Super Genius
XdateNotSexDate on Software Design/International Laibility?

State: XdateNotSexDate is an Insurance Agent from
Software Design/International Laibility?
Not that I have much experience with a risk like this, but I know it's slim pickings for markets- Chubb, Hartford(maybe?), Travelers, Zurich, Chartis. All I can think of with international capability.

www.InsuranceXdate.com

Prospecting Data & Lead Management Software for Commercial Insurance Agencies
Old 02-03-2015, 04:17 PM   #4
Guru

State: EugeneM is an Insurance Agent from California
Software Design/International Laibility? Re: Software Design/International Laibility?
what comes to mind is lloyds

Eugene Manioukov
Call Center Consultant
and Dial
Old 02-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #5
Expert

State: SuperNewbie is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Hannover, AIG, ACE,... look for companies that already have international exposure.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:20 PM   #6
Expert

State: LA_Exec is an Insurance Agent from California
Originally Posted by EugeneM View Post
what comes to mind is lloyds
I second that. The risk seems to have more exposure that what some standard markets would underwrite.
Reply to Software Design/International Laibility? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum

Tags
software