Some help with Property & Casualty Minimums

PCINS

Here is my dilemma and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I am 17 year rep writing many lines of insurance including P&C. I am a captive agent and can only write P&C with one company. It so happens that the rates for said company are terrible in my area (NYC) and I am not at all competitive for auto, condo, renters and home (I am also limited on where I can write home insurance because of coastal). However I have a fairly large book and am eligible for fairly large bonuses. All I have to do is write and maintain 125 P&C polices (auto, home, condo or renters). This normally would not be a problem however since our rates are terrible it has become a huge problem. Things I have tried:
1) I used to have many contacts that would send me home/auto quotes, however since I am now limited to where I can write in my hometown and my prices are not good, they don't send me anymore
2) I have tried to buy leads in both my area and other areas in my home state of NY and other states where I am licensed. I get a lot of push back because people generally want to deal with agents near them.
3) I used to work with car dealerships and currently have the option to rent a table at a car dealership. However as the info above states, my rates are terrible and I wound not be able to sell anyone. Geico is literally half my price almost every time.
4) I have tried working with management boards of local condos and have sat in buildings for days with no results. Allstate is literally half my price every time.
So at this point I am not sure what to do. Even 125 renters policies would solve my problem. Any ideas would help. Thank you...

Here is my dilemma and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I am 17 year rep writing many lines of insurance including P&C. I am a captive agent and can only write P&C with one company. It so happens that the rates for said company are terrible in my area (NYC) and I am not at all competitive for auto, condo, renters and home (I am also limited on where I can write home insurance because of coastal). However I have a fairly large book and am eligible for fairly large bonuses. All I have to do is write and maintain 125 P&C polices (auto, home, condo or renters). This normally would not be a problem however since our rates are terrible it has become a huge problem. Things I have tried: 1) I used to have many contacts that would send me home/auto quotes, however since I am now limited to where I can write in my hometown and my prices are not good, they don't send me anymore 2) I have tried to buy leads in both my area and other areas in my home state of NY and other states where I am licensed. I get a lot of push back because people generally want to deal with agents near them. 3) I used to work with car dealerships and currently have the option to rent a table at a car dealership. However as the info above states, my rates are terrible and I wound not be able to sell anyone. Geico is literally half my price almost every time. 4) I have tried working with management boards of local condos and have sat in buildings for days with no results. Allstate is literally half my price every time. So at this point I am not sure what to do. Even 125 renters policies would solve my problem. Any ideas would help. Thank you...

Stop writing personal lines in NYC, focus your efforts on commercial or another line of business.

Can you sell your book?

Tough position to be in. In a captive world you have to always be flexible and "sell what's on sale". If the bonus is big enough you can find a way to write super cheap renters policies. Offer a promo.

Back