SR22 Bonds and Motorcycle Insurance

if someone already has a state filing (sr22) in place with auto insurance, do they also need a 2nd state filing for motorcycle, if they buy motorcycle insurance or will the auto filing suffice?

In California, you only need 1. Can't speak for any other state.

Dan

In WA you're not even required to have motorcycle insurance, so I doubt it would require an SR-22 on both.

That being said, you have to have an SR-22 if you want to keep your license, so if the motorcycle was all you had you'd need to get it on the bike insurance or get a non-driver auto policy with the SR-22. (I know that wasn't the question but it occurred to me while I was answering and thought I would throw it out there)

In WA you're not even required to have motorcycle insurance, so I doubt it would require an SR-22 on both.

That being said, you have to have an SR-22 if you want to keep your license, so if the motorcycle was all you had you'd need to get it on the bike insurance or get a non-driver auto policy with the SR-22. (I know that wasn't the question but it occurred to me while I was answering and thought I would throw it out there)

sr-22 is just proof of insurance it is not insurance.

get it on the bike insurance dont tell people to get a seperate non-owners policy just to get an sr-22. you are making someone pay for 2 policies which is a waste of money. you can even get your current insurance company to endorse on an sr-22.

to OP no all they need is 1 sr-22 / license

I didn't mean for them to get two. I just wasn't very clear. What I meant was to either get it on the bike policy, or they would have to get a non-owner if they didn't buy a policy on the bike.

Now that I think about it though, the bike probably counts as an owned vehicle which would disqualify them for a non-owner policy anyway.

So either way I was wrong. :)

get it on the bike insurance dont tell people to get a seperate non-owners policy just to get an sr-22. you are making someone pay for 2 policies which is a waste of money.

Back