Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum

Reply to State Farm vs All State vs Nationwide vs Metlife     
Old 07-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #11

State: scottinaustin is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
State Farm vs All State vs Nationwide vs Metlife Re: State Farm vs All State vs Nationwide vs Metlife
As of now, they'll (State Farm) hire anybody as long as they are good salespeople and have some financial resources to help with building the business.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to State Farm vs All State vs Nationwide vs Metlife

Old 07-31-2009, 04:16 PM   #12

State: Crewchief is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
State Farm vs All State vs Nationwide vs Metlife Re: State Farm vs All State vs Nationwide vs Metlife
I met with a SF recruiter last week, they claim to hire 80% of agents from outside of the company.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #13
Expert

State: iaminsman is an Insurance Agent from Florida
State Farm agents are having a very difficult time in FL right now, but hands down SF wins. Brother-in-Law is an Agent for Allstate says they don't get nearly as much help as SF Agents. Be prepared to have a lot of money to run your business up front. within 5 years you will be making a great income!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #14

State: Big1 is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
SF- SF paper only, so limited pool to sell to- read the other forum about the SF "opportunity" first. LOTS of caution.

Allstate- Allstate paper only as well and not as competitive as most. I know of one agent who just gave up her 25 year Allstate agency and another who is being forced out.

Nationwide- at least with NW if you want to write something that the company doesn't write, you can broker it. They have an awesome variable product in the Best of America Life and Annuity. Still, you are captive and must dance the company dance. No selling out when you want to retire or passing off to your kid.

Metlife- can't tell you anything about them.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Two plus 5 is equal to I agree to forum rules 

Old 11-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #15
Expert

State: ryeates1 is an Insurance Agent from Arkansas
worked for both allstate and state farm. two completely different cultures. one is a mutual (state farm) owned by policyholders , one is a stock company (owned by shareholders)
Old 11-04-2010, 10:00 PM   #16
Guru
Aram Fingal on State Farm vs All State vs Nationwide vs Metlife - Insurance Forum

State: Aram Fingal is an Insurance Agent from Washington
MetLife P&C agents get a lot of support from the company in the way of expense reimbursement, and they can sell life insurance obviously. On the straight life/financial planning side they don't get nearly as much.

Met has pretty low sales requirements P&C wise compared to most of the other companies.

They pay you a salary for the first two years (after selling enough to qualify for the program) not a loan/commission advance that can be "worked off" like most of the other carriers.

Met P&C agents are not allowed to get securities license though, so no VULs. But you can do term, whole, and UL.

Overall they're a pretty good company to work for. They're probably not the most competitive company when it comes to rates. But if you depend entirely on rate to sell, you're not going to do very good in insurance sales anyway. And when you do get someone who is their target market, and it's an account sale, they are competitive and the clients tend to stay with you for a long time.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #17

State: Zig Ziglar is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
How do you guys think Farmers compares with these companies?
Old 05-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #18

State: Zig Ziglar is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
You weren't even a part of the thread when it was live a year ago. Who cares if I comment on a thread that I have interest in? I thought that was the purpose of an online forum.

But I guess we solved the question on Farmers in a separate thread.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:10 AM   #19
Guru
xrac on State Farm vs All State vs Nationwide vs Metlife - Insurance Forum

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Personally I would not even consider Farmers, State Farm, or Allstate. I don't know enough about Nationwide or Metlife. With what little I know I would lean towards Metlife.

X
Old 05-15-2011, 06:53 AM   #20
albatrosspk on State Farm vs All State vs Nationwide vs Metlife - Insurance Forum

State: albatrosspk is an Insurance Agent from Washington
Well from all the facts that I know, I would choose State Farm.
Reply to State Farm vs All State vs Nationwide vs Metlife 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum