# of Stoves Question

iiinycboi

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've been asked a question today that i could not answer. Is the number of stoves directly related to number of family the property is?

One client asked if his 1 family home is covered for two stoves. Anyone got any insight or input on this? Whether or whether not the insurance companies have endorsements for extra stoves or it doesnt matter how many stoves.

Thanks

What is the ballpark value of the home? Is this a shack or in a gated community? I have a few homes insured that have gourmet kitchens. Two stoves.. and two ovens in some.

the value of the home is around 320,000 its not in a gated community. It is in brooklyn, ny so its connected to everyone else on the block.

Do you have to declare the number of stoves on the policy?

you want me to tell you the wrong answer, or do you want to call your U/W and get the correct answer?

I would have to assume with the second stove they are cooking meth?

Well, the answer is no, the number of stoves is not directly related to the number of families.

Is there a chance it is a 2 family home if it has 2 stoves? Absolutely. Are the stoves in the same room or is one upstairs and one downstairs? This would tell you a lot.

2 stoves in the same room is just a nice kitchen. Watch out for commercial usage, but I can take you on tours of neighborhoods where this is common. I have 2 ovens in my kitchen, no big deal.

The real question is why did they ask this question. Something else has set this off.

Dan

It is Brooklyn ny. He is fishing about an illegal apt. NY and NJ are full of them.

i would assume this is the case. they said they have a stove in the basement that they use from time to time and eat upstairs.

so how would you respond to them? and if it is an illegal apt/stove im sure the insurance will deny coverage?

Last edited:
Back