Subway Franchise

MrGolf

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've been asked by someone to look at a couple of his Subway eateries upcoming. While I stated I would be happy to do so I've been trying to do some research on these. I do a lot of fast food franchisees (Dairy Queen, Wendy's and Hardee's primarily) but never a Subway. Which is my question, I thought Subway required all their franchisees to purchase the insurance through them (the franchise). Am I wrong on this and need to remind him that part of his contract is to purchase it through them or is it something I will be able to pursue? Thanks for the help.

I've been asked by someone to look at a couple of his Subway eateries upcoming. While I stated I would be happy to do so I've been trying to do some research on these. I do a lot of fast food franchisees (Dairy Queen, Wendy's and Hardee's primarily) but never a Subway. Which is my question, I thought Subway required all their franchisees to purchase the insurance through them (the franchise). Am I wrong on this and need to remind him that part of his contract is to purchase it through them or is it something I will be able to pursue? Thanks for the help.

All of their regular subs are $5 foot longs for January... you are welcome...

Check with corporate, don't disclose the address or location ID, keeping you guy out of trouble. They will tell you.

One of my biggest clients owns a few subways among other franchises. And yes subway has to get there coverage through the corporate brokerage.

----------

And to make it worse all the BOPs for subway are now written on Foremost paper

One of my biggest clients owns a few subways among other franchises. And yes subway has to get there coverage through the corporate brokerage.

----------

And to make it worse all the BOPs for subway are now written on Foremost paper

Thank you for the helpful reply. Does that include the Workers Comp or do they have the option of seeking it elsewhere?

It does include the workers comp as well. My client made a huge deal about doing it on her own and they would not budge a bit.

Just as an update to this thread, my producer actually was able to write the WC for this risk. I'm in Kentucky, don't know if the regulations are different here but the client did have the flexibility to get his WC through the private market.

Just as an update to this thread, my producer actually was able to write the WC for this risk. I'm in Kentucky, don't know if the regulations are different here but the client did have the flexibility to get his WC through the private market.

That's awesome, I wonder why he was able to do it. I'm betting you are right that it was because different state regulations in KY.

Back