Texas & P&C Market Potential?

LAPINSGRP

Expert
My family has started to move to Texas. My sister is there now and my other is on her way in the next few months. I know its only a matter of time before my parents go and then the balls in my court.

So my question is for you brokers that are already in Texas and what your opinion is regarding the potential for growth of a new independent agency?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and any recommendations. I think my move will happen in fall of 2016. I am getting married in August of 16 so I am here in Buffalo NY till then.

My thoughts are to at least get my license in Texas now so I can at least say I have been licensed for over a year to help with appointments when the time comes.

Is Texas already saturated with captives and indys? Is it a aging market like NY is?

What else could I do in the meantime? Obviously I know nothing about Texas and its a 180 from NY. I focus on Auto, Home, and business currently.

I am 33 yrs old so I am not yet terribly established here now in Buffalo or as an independent agency.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

My family has started to move to Texas. My sister is there now and my other is on her way in the next few months. I know its only a matter of time before my parents go and then the balls in my court. So my question is for you brokers that are already in Texas and what your opinion is regarding the potential for growth of a new independent agency? I would greatly appreciate any feedback and any recommendations. I think my move will happen in fall of 2016. I am getting married in August of 16 so I am here in Buffalo NY till then. My thoughts are to at least get my license in Texas now so I can at least say I have been licensed for over a year to help with appointments when the time comes. Is Texas already saturated with captives and indys? Is it a aging market like NY is? What else could I do in the meantime? Obviously I know nothing about Texas and its a 180 from NY. I focus on Auto, Home, and business currently. I am 33 yrs old so I am not yet terribly established here now in Buffalo or as an independent agency. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Texas is a goldmine as long as you stay north of I-10.

What part of TX? Big difference between El Paso and Houston. My service caters to commercial agents. We've got about 20 agencies across the state (a drop in the bucket for a market penetration stand point) and they call their butts off. All of them are in major metros. So from a commercial perspective there is a ton of opportunity. From the time I spent there, mostly in traffic, there must be a ton of personal lines business as well. As a side note it's also a beautiful state. Not to put down buffalo but aren't you guys known as the gloomy day capital? Trade in the ski's for a mountain bike. Can't go wrong with that move :)

www.InsuranceXdate.com - prospecting & lead management for commercial agents

My family has started to move to Texas. My sister is there now and my other is on her way in the next few months. I know its only a matter of time before my parents go and then the balls in my court.

So my question is for you brokers that are already in Texas and what your opinion is regarding the potential for growth of a new independent agency?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and any recommendations. I think my move will happen in fall of 2016. I am getting married in August of 16 so I am here in Buffalo NY till then.

My thoughts are to at least get my license in Texas now so I can at least say I have been licensed for over a year to help with appointments when the time comes.

Is Texas already saturated with captives and indys? Is it a aging market like NY is?

What else could I do in the meantime? Obviously I know nothing about Texas and its a 180 from NY. I focus on Auto, Home, and business currently.

I am 33 yrs old so I am not yet terribly established here now in Buffalo or as an independent agency.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

I'd get set up with a company that writes flood insurance. Ooops too late for this year. :laugh:

Back