Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum

Reply to Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators?     
Old 04-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
Expert

State: SpinsAgency is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators? Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators?
I have a smaller book of business in NJ that I am looking to double by years end. I just lost my agent that I have been putting my personal auto business through.

I am considering signing up with an Agency Network/Cluster/Aggregator. So far I have spoken to the NJ Branch of SIAA.

What is the overall opinion of these companies? Are they beneficial?

Thanks in Advance!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators?
Old 04-22-2015, 03:55 PM   #2
Guru

State: agentinsouth is an Insurance Agent from
Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators?
Originally Posted by SpinsAgency View Post
I have a smaller book of business in NJ that I am looking to double by years end. I just lost my agent that I have been putting my personal auto business through. I am considering signing up with an Agency Network/Cluster/Aggregator. So far I have spoken to the NJ Branch of SIAA. What is the overall opinion of these companies? Are they beneficial? Thanks in Advance!
Just don't... You are going to regret it down the road. Also, it is REALLY hard to sell your book if the buyer is required to join the cluster.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:04 PM   #3
Expert

Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators? Re: Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators? SpinsAgency is the thread starter for: Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators?

Originally Posted by agentinsouth View Post
Just don't... You are going to regret it down the road. Also, it is REALLY hard to sell your book if the buyer is required to join the cluster.
What do you suggest to get access to the lines then if the carriers won't allow my agency direct with our small premium amount?
Old 04-22-2015, 05:36 PM   #4
Guru

State: indienoise is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators? Re: Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators?
Take a look at appalachian underwriters. Their market access program is not a direct appointment but they have an online rater so you can do the quote immediately and you normally can have the finalized, bindable quote same day. No non compete or buyout for their standard personal lines carriers once you're ready for direct appointments.. Plus they have some good commercial and non standard homeowners programs as well.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:05 PM   #5
Guru

Originally Posted by indienoise View Post
Take a look at appalachian underwriters. Their market access program is not a direct appointment but they have an online rater so you can do the quote immediately and you normally can have the finalized, bindable quote same day. No non compete or buyout for their standard personal lines carriers once you're ready for direct appointments.. Plus they have some good commercial and non standard homeowners programs as well.
I agree & Agent secure.com is another good option.

However, I met my carriers through PIA and Big I.... No real issue getting appointed... I honest have too many HO carriers.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:15 PM   #6
Expert

State: kgamarketing is an Insurance Agent from
I have a smaller book of business in NJ that I am looking to double by years end. I just lost my agent that I have been putting my personal auto business through. I am considering signing up with an Agency Network/Cluster/Aggregator. So far I have spoken to the NJ Branch of SIAA. What is the overall opinion of these companies? Are they beneficial? Thanks in Advance!
let me know what you find. In NJ also
Old 04-23-2015, 12:34 AM   #7
Expert

Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators? Re: Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators? SpinsAgency is the thread starter for: Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators?

Originally Posted by agentinsouth View Post
I agree & Agent secure.com is another good option.

However, I met my carriers through PIA and Big I.... No real issue getting appointed... I honest have too many HO carriers.
Can you elaborate on this? Are you a PIA member? Did PIA put you in touch with the carriers?

I currently have my E&O written by PIA, but I am not a member.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:05 AM   #8
Guru

Can you elaborate on this? Are you a PIA member? Did PIA put you in touch with the carriers? I currently have my E&O written by PIA, but I am not a member.
Go to the events and meeting.... Network.
I play it cool, but make it clear I am interested in their company.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:09 AM   #9

State: t3cho is an Insurance Agent from
Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators? Re: Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators?
I cooperated with Network/Cluster/Aggregator before. And i can tell you im satisfied with their service. So i don't now more about your needs.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:53 PM   #10
Super Genius
robtmccarthy on Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators?

State: robtmccarthy is an Insurance Agent from Connecticut
NJ NY CT ... we all have a tough time getting appointed with carriers especially for personal lines. They all have plenty of agents in the area and want to go direct.

In my experience clusters are your best bet. Not all clusters are created equal. Do your research and find the best option for you.

living the insurance dream one day at a time
Reply to Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > P&C Insurance Forum

Tags
clusters