Thoughts on Agency Clusters/Aggregators?

SpinsAgency

Expert
I have a smaller book of business in NJ that I am looking to double by years end. I just lost my agent that I have been putting my personal auto business through.

I am considering signing up with an Agency Network/Cluster/Aggregator. So far I have spoken to the NJ Branch of SIAA.

What is the overall opinion of these companies? Are they beneficial?

Thanks in Advance!

I have a smaller book of business in NJ that I am looking to double by years end. I just lost my agent that I have been putting my personal auto business through. I am considering signing up with an Agency Network/Cluster/Aggregator. So far I have spoken to the NJ Branch of SIAA. What is the overall opinion of these companies? Are they beneficial? Thanks in Advance!

Just don't... You are going to regret it down the road. Also, it is REALLY hard to sell your book if the buyer is required to join the cluster.

Just don't... You are going to regret it down the road. Also, it is REALLY hard to sell your book if the buyer is required to join the cluster.

What do you suggest to get access to the lines then if the carriers won't allow my agency direct with our small premium amount?

Take a look at appalachian underwriters. Their market access program is not a direct appointment but they have an online rater so you can do the quote immediately and you normally can have the finalized, bindable quote same day. No non compete or buyout for their standard personal lines carriers once you're ready for direct appointments.. Plus they have some good commercial and non standard homeowners programs as well.

Take a look at appalachian underwriters. Their market access program is not a direct appointment but they have an online rater so you can do the quote immediately and you normally can have the finalized, bindable quote same day. No non compete or buyout for their standard personal lines carriers once you're ready for direct appointments.. Plus they have some good commercial and non standard homeowners programs as well.

I agree & Agent secure.com is another good option.

However, I met my carriers through PIA and Big I.... No real issue getting appointed... I honest have too many HO carriers.

I have a smaller book of business in NJ that I am looking to double by years end. I just lost my agent that I have been putting my personal auto business through. I am considering signing up with an Agency Network/Cluster/Aggregator. So far I have spoken to the NJ Branch of SIAA. What is the overall opinion of these companies? Are they beneficial? Thanks in Advance!
let me know what you find. In NJ also

I agree & Agent secure.com is another good option.

However, I met my carriers through PIA and Big I.... No real issue getting appointed... I honest have too many HO carriers.

Can you elaborate on this? Are you a PIA member? Did PIA put you in touch with the carriers?

I currently have my E&O written by PIA, but I am not a member.

Can you elaborate on this? Are you a PIA member? Did PIA put you in touch with the carriers? I currently have my E&O written by PIA, but I am not a member.
Go to the events and meeting.... Network.
I play it cool, but make it clear I am interested in their company.

I cooperated with Network/Cluster/Aggregator before. And i can tell you im satisfied with their service. So i don't now more about your needs.

NJ NY CT ... we all have a tough time getting appointed with carriers especially for personal lines. They all have plenty of agents in the area and want to go direct.

In my experience clusters are your best bet. Not all clusters are created equal. Do your research and find the best option for you.

Latest posts

Back