Urgent: Superior Access Vs. ? HELP!

proadvisors

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am a new p&c agent. I have an established life insurance practice.

I just signed up with Superior Access but I am finding for the
most part when I quote people their rates are already better
than the rates I can quote with the carriers superior access
has.

I am wondering who are the best carriers for home and auto
and who should I sign up with besides superior. I am in Texas
if that helps!

both...

I mean obviously if I can get a home owners 2 then great
but some people only want auto..so both is the simple answer

Superior has some decent carriers, though I'm not sure what state you are in, that makes a big difference.

You need to call your account rep from Superior and go through some quotes with them. They will likely point out 1 or 2 things that will help with the ratings. Keep in mind, you are talking a half hour conversation, not a 4 hour training session, but it will be a big help.

Also, quote yourself. Play with the quote for a bit. Find out what drives the rates and see if it can be adjusted reasonably. You'll be amazed, sometimes dropping the annual mileage by 1000 will make a big rate change. Not always legit to do, so be careful.

Also, don't believe the commercials. Not everyone will save $500 a year if they switch. People tend to have decent rates on their auto. What you look for is someone who has had a recent change, where the company they were with doesn't fit so well anymore. You'll see this a lot with people who have State Farm / AAA / Farmers, etc, where they got a few tickets and suddenly their rate goes through the roof. Great opportunity to work with them.

Some markets are tougher than others.....

Also, why is this thread 'Urgent', as mentioned in the title?

Dan

All the carriers are looking for the same kind of client, good credit, home and auto combined.

I've had a lot of luck with Progressive because most people don't fit the mold above.

You should be able to get a direct appointment with PRogressive if you have an office outside of your home.

All the carriers are looking for the same kind of client, good credit, home and auto combined.

I've had a lot of luck with Progressive because most people don't fit the mold above.

You should be able to get a direct appointment with PRogressive if you have an office outside of your home.

I did not know this. are you then captive to Progressive? you posted on my previous post (nice avatar by the way). I am a producer for a captive but I would like to go Indie. This would be a great start to have Progressive and binding authority. I CAN have an office outside my home. The big problem for me is that I will start without an existing book. Not that I don't have experience (my sales numbers are great for the captive agency I currently work in), it is just that I can't take any of those customers with me. A direct appointment with Progressive would be great.

No, you would not be captive with Progressive, but I wouldn't jump ship with just 1 company either. P&C is a tough gig to start from scratch. Very Very Very few agents can make it just selling P&C. Premiums are just not high enough so you have to write a ton of business. It's a get rich slow program.

Make sure you get your life and health license as well before you go independent so you can spike your 1st year commissions. Life and Health pay a lot more money up front to the agent and you build residual income with the P&C.

"I did not know this. are you then captive to Progressive? you posted on my previous post (nice avatar by the way). I am a producer for a captive but I would like to go Indie. This would be a great start to have Progressive and binding authority. I CAN have an office outside my home. The big problem for me is that I will start without an existing book. Not that I don't have experience (my sales numbers are great for the captive agency I currently work in), it is just that I can't take any of those customers with me. A direct appointment with Progressive would be great. "

No, you would not be captive with Progressive, but I wouldn't jump ship with just 1 company either. P&C is a tough gig to start from scratch. Very Very Very few agents can make it just selling P&C. Premiums are just not high enough so you have to write a ton of business. It's a get rich slow program.

Make sure you get your life and health license as well before you go independent so you can spike your 1st year commissions. Life and Health pay a lot more money up front to the agent and you build residual income with the P&C.

I am already life and health licensed and selling a lot of life. I would be getting on board with health choice one immediately for all their health and life carriers. It seems like where i am right now p&c is a great way to get them in the door and then I can multi-line with life and health (although our health at this unnamed captive agency sucks.)

My uncle owns a tax service office and I would probably do a shared office with him (great way to save on rent as I start! plus to refer business back and forth).

Back