Wanting to start an Independent Agency

Brett Richmond

I am looking to start Independent Agency in Tennesseethat will focus on P&C and would like to find out the best way of find companies that will work with independent agents. Is there a website that list these companies or do I just start calling them as I have talked to independent agents and they do not want to talk about who they go through.

I am looking to start Independent Agency in Tennesseethat will focus on P&C and would like to find out the best way of find companies that will work with independent agents. Is there a website that list these companies or do I just start calling them as I have talked to independent agents and they do not want to talk about who they go through.

Do you have previous experiance in Insurance?

A Google search of P&C carriers in your area, hit their web sites, there's usually an area labelled "career" that should help.

You might have a problem getting signed on however, if you're new to the industry.

Why not hook up with a P&C agency for a period of time, get some experience then take a look at setting out on your own.

I was with Farmers until 3 yrs ago and got out. I now want to get back in a make a business for me and my family, something I can be proud of and pass onto one of my kids if they want in the business.

I was with Farmers until 3 yrs ago and got out. I now want to get back in a make a business for me and my family, something I can be proud of and pass onto one of my kids if they want in the business.

Well; to follow the advice of those here who've written threads on this very subject, the search engine here is rather easy to use; make sure you've got enough capital to live off of for at least six months.

On your own you might have a problem getting signed on as as an agent.

E&O needs to be in place before most of the companies would consider.

I would tend to echo the comments made here in other threads, why not consider hooking up with a pre-existing agency for a while, getting your feet wet, building up a deceent client base, before striking out on your own, or are you looking for a web based business?

What would be something to offer indys that could be of value in exchange for their help? I am new and looking for something to offer an indy so they can mentor me.

Latest posts

Back