What Do You Spend on Marketing ?

mkmaem

how much or what percentage of your expenses are tied to marketing and buying leads ? Talking to an Allstate DM and for new opportunity they are looking for an agent to spend around $70 000 per year on marketing and leads ? thanks

$70,000 in a city of 20K as well as a city of 200K ...or 2 million? Were the demographics already discussed?

...that's a whole lot of leads. That's the hamster wheel you'll CONSTANTLY be running on w/ Allstate. Not to mention the retention on that business is terrible. I suggest you avoid going captive at all costs.

I suppose if Allstate co-ops and has a high hit ratio and retention I'd consider it. Otherwise I'm with 1822's thoughts

BTW...we're at 5% of revenue and that's only 50K/year

I suggest spending a minimum amount that will prove your leads will be profitable for you, with clear definitions for cost per lead, cost per sale, and profit per sale. If you use multiple vendors compare them based on these common metrics. Keep increasing the spend in 15% increments for your most profitable vendor.

Happy Selling!

Best,

Dustin

Not much. I invested in a website and also a landing page service. I have a ppc campaign running with low bid amounts. I don't get many direct clicks, meaning my actual spending with google is very low, less than 200/month, but having that going on gets me a fair amount of organic traffic. I speak to 3-5 leads per day who find me on Google. Add in referral relationships, and it's actually more than I can handle on my own. Been looking to hire somebody for months but man, nobody seems to want to do an honest days work.

Wrong question.

WHERE do you spend your marketing $$.. ??

Spend TIME making connections with those who will become partners.. lenders etc.. THAT is what will make you a success.

I spend $0 on marketing. Everything is referral based, we save clients substantial money & offer better coverage 99% of the time & have a great system in place to ask for referrals. It's myself, CSR & part time data entry to quotes & I'm doing 120 policies per month (on average.)

Back