What's a Lead Worth?

thomasm

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nebraska
I have a small door to door canvassing team generating leads for my life and health insurance agency.

Since they are at the door anyway, I'm thinking why not generate P&C leads that can be sold on an exclusive basis to P&C only producers in my local area.

What would a TCPA compliant lead be worth on a per lead cost basis. What qualification parameters would you be looking for for?

I have a small door to door canvassing team generating leads for my life and health insurance agency. Since they are at the door anyway, I'm thinking why not generate P&C leads that can be sold on an exclusive basis to P&C only producers in my local area. What would a TCPA compliant lead be worth on a per lead cost basis. What qualification parameters would you be looking for for?

Why would it need to be TCPA compliant if your door knocking?

----------

I have an example of auto insurance leads on my website that may help you.

I use a two step process. My canvassers gather contact info at the door, then I auto-dial that data to set the appointments. I pay more for an appointment set at the door, but that takes a different skill-set than just gathering leads. I'm happy with both.

I use a two step process. My canvassers gather a contact info at the door, then I auto-dial that data to set the appointments. I pay more for an appointment set at the door, but that takes a different skill-set than just gathering leads. I'm happy with both.

Gotcha.

----------

I use a two step process. My canvassers gather a contact info at the door, then I auto-dial that data to set the appointments. I pay more for an appointment set at the door, but that takes a different skill-set than just gathering leads. I'm happy with both.

Just have them sign a consent form to be called.?

Basically yeah, but they got to qualify them for health first. (I learned that the hard way $$$!)

Does door to door still work? I would think people are getting more frustrated with this tactic just like the dnc list.

As a P&c agent I'd pay around $25-$30 for a quality home/auto exclusive quote. If you're telemarketing the lead I'd gather all the important info your p&c lead buyer needs and immediately hand off. This would make it worth it

Does door to door still work? I would think people are getting more frustrated with this tactic just like the dnc list. As a P&c agent I'd pay around $25-$30 for a quality home/auto exclusive quote. If you're telemarketing the lead I'd gather all the important info your p&c lead buyer needs and immediately hand off. This would make it worth it

That is allot more than what I charge for exclusive auto leads, maybe I should charge more?

My site has an example of 2 leads let me know what you think, would live feed back.

Notice I said " Home" AND auto. Not renters not just auto. I'm a captive farmers agent so auto only leads are useless to me. The multi policy discount is what makes my rates competitive. Plus I'd want all the leads info, cars, drivers, home info etc. then I would buy the lead. Also a way to refund a lead if I call the prospect and they say "oh I changed my mind I don't want a quote at all".

If this works you may try just splitting the cost with a P&c agent of the marketing strategy. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but instead you could just split the cost of the canvassing. Then you wouldn't have to tit for tat the lead quality and costs. Just have marketing strategy, scripts and employee costs agreed on.

Does door to door still work? I would think people are getting more frustrated with this tactic just like the dnc list.

As a P&c agent I'd pay around $25-$30 for a quality home/auto exclusive quote. If you're telemarketing the lead I'd gather all the important info your p&c lead buyer needs and immediately hand off. This would make it worth it

When was the last time an insurance agent knocked on your door?

I've been doing it this way for years. Kirby vaccuums, Home improvement, now insurance. It's all I know.

----------

When was the last time an insurance agent knocked on your door?
That's why it works for me! Not much competition.

Back