Wholesaler Quote Turnaround Time

NYR85

Expert
It's been a week and RPS still hasn't gotten back to me with a GL quote for a contractor. What's the normal turnaround time with these guys?

I work for a national wholesaler that specializes in contractors and I can turn around most contractors in a few days. A few days at most for a really complex risk. Message me. I'd love to work with you. I'm in all 50 states.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

are you new w/ them? we're new w/ our wholesalers and we sure as sh%# don't see rates for around a week.

Depends. If it fits one of their in house programs then 24-48 hours. If they have to send it out then 3-5 business days. The higher your hit ratio, the higher priority you are for them.

It's been a week and RPS still hasn't gotten back to me with a GL quote for a contractor. What's the normal turnaround time with these guys?

The more established you are with the wholesaler the quicker turnaround time... But if you are working on a NYC contractor... No matter the relationship any contractors doing work in the 5 boroughs.. Quote turn around time is horrible.

All quotes get referred up and up and up until some VP decides if they want to gamble on that account. Insurance companies are killer in NYC right now.

The more established you are with the wholesaler the quicker turnaround time... But if you are working on a NYC contractor... No matter the relationship any contractors doing work in the 5 boroughs.. Quote turn around time is horrible. All quotes get referred up and up and up until some VP decides if they want to gamble on that account. Insurance companies are killer in NYC right now.

Yea I guess that's the problem. It is a NYC contractor.

I'm so sorry to hear that! Turn around time does vary by office and by line of business, but we'll get you some help. The RPS Customer Care team will be in touch shortly - or you can reach out to them at [email protected]. Please feel free to contact me directly if you don't feel that the issue is resolved in a satisfactory manner. Thanks for using RPS!

Lauri Klotz
National Director of Marketing and Communications
Risk Placement Services, Inc.

Last edited:
Back