Will a DUI Disqualify my Georgia Insurance License?

Hoggypc

Hey guys! I'm trying to apply for my property and casualty insurance license in Georgia but I have a driving issue. I had several driving infractions and a DUI, most of which were dismissed. The final sentence was a Negligant driving in the 1st degree, which is still considered a misdemeanor. I've sent in the supporting documents and explanation letter, but I'm terrified after all this work it will disqualify me from getting my license. Has anyone ever encountered this? Thank you so much!

Hey guys! I'm trying to apply for my property and casualty insurance license in Georgia but I have a driving issue. I had several driving infractions and a DUI, most of which were dismissed. The final sentence was a Negligant driving in the 1st degree, which is still considered a misdemeanor. I've sent in the supporting documents and explanation letter, but I'm terrified after all this work it will disqualify me from getting my license. Has anyone ever encountered this? Thank you so much!
All you can do is explain and provide documentation, and see what happens.

Just be prepared to explain this over and over again everytime you license a new state or apply for a carrier appointment.

And apply to get it expunged ASAP if you can.

Back