Workman's Comp Question

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a guy that has a business in NY insured by NYSIF on the WC. He just opened the same business in NJ and has a new tax ID. Same owner, same business, two different states and tax id's.

Are their companies that write this under one policy or does he have to have a policy to cover him in NY and a separate policy to cover him in NJ.

Thanks!

You can combine the entities, but with regard to their Workers Comp, your client will still have 2 separate policies because there are physical locations with employees in both states performing work.

With the other lines (prop/GL) you can probably have both locations under a single policy assuming the carrier writes in both states.

Same operations?? Is the need for a separate name due to marketing or the Geo Area..? Just curious why he/she went through the efforts to create a new entity.

Do you sell workers comp insurance in wv? I an the only worker at my business. Just need it to land a contract. A "ghost" policy would be great

Thanks

What kind of business? NYSIF will not cover NJ, if it is a tough class sign up with NJ CRIB and write it there

I have a guy that has a business in NY insured by NYSIF on the WC. He just opened the same business in NJ and has a new tax ID. Same owner, same business, two different states and tax id's.

Are their companies that write this under one policy or does he have to have a policy to cover him in NY and a separate policy to cover him in workers compensation lawyers brisbane.

Thanks!
a young guy in the heights gets hurt at work!
then thinking he got hurt at work then workmans comp would pick it up since he filled out the papers at work. then to his amazment workmans comp is refused because he is a laid off employee that signs up for oppurtunity to work of course this happens here at 309, does anyone have any ideal how they could refuse him?????I now the fast answer is get an attorney but still under the labor law how can they refuse???

a young guy in the heights gets hurt at work!
then thinking he got hurt at work then workmans comp would pick it up since he filled out the papers at work. then to his amazment workmans comp is refused because he is a laid off employee that signs up for oppurtunity to work of course this happens here at 309, does anyone have any ideal how they could refuse him?????I now the fast answer is get an attorney but still under the labor law how can they refuse???
Maybe you can get an answer if your question is more clear but if he was not an employee but doing work as a subcontractor he will need to figure which workers comp policy he might be covered under.

Do you sell workers comp insurance in wv? I an the only worker at my business. Just need it to land a contract. A "ghost" policy would be great

Thanks

It wouldn't be a "ghost" policy. You would actually have coverage. Your premium would be based on the rate per $100 for the work you do, based on a minimum payroll (as of 2023) of $49,800 for sole proprietors or $49,400 for LLC members or corporate officers.

Back