Premier Health Plan

Is the other SmartSense?

If so, they both suck. We got those Anthem imports last summer. SmartSense is a piece of junk. Premier is only slightly better.

Yea, SmartSense is the other. Both offer less coverage than their current "Plan 2"...the best Anthem policy.

But...unfortunately, after the change, customers can not apply for Plan 2 online, just via paper. Silly.

New plans rolled out here in GA last August. We were told at the time the old plans could only be sold thru the end of Sept. and only via paper app.

It is now Feb and they are still selling the old plans. The new ones are virtually dead in the water.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What's the problem with Smart Sense?

Only covers generic Rx unless you buy up. The upgrade makes it almost as expensive as Premier.

With the upgrade, they don't cover brand name Rx if there is a generic equivalent.

Other than that, the lousy maternity benefit, and the fact they are about 15% above market price, I have no problem.

SmartSense vs. Premier

Last edited:
Only covers generic Rx unless you buy up. The upgrade makes it almost as expensive as Premier.

With the upgrade, they don't cover brand name Rx if there is a generic equivalent.

Other than that, the lousy maternity benefit, and the fact they are about 15% above market price, I have no problem.

SmartSense vs. Premier
I guess your comments are limited to GA and mainly to the non-brand plan. I don't have this issue with the plan in CA.

There is no maternity so don't buy it if you want to get pregnant. If you are a drug snob and won't take simvistatan instead of zocor, don't buy it.

We don't have the premier plan here.

Rick

Rick, you probably know by now I am not a fan of any plan that places artificial restrictions or penalties on Rx cover. The Rx benefit under these BX plans is only slightly better than the annual caps some carriers impose on Rx benefits.

ok i should have checked farther before asking the name is premierhealthcareonline.com I am checking them out right now. This guy may be running a scam, looks like a discount although he refers to it as insurance, but he says it's underwritten by john hancock, aig and he named other companies that don't sell health plans per se. Can sell in every state, he runs this out of Ca. his website was just created last month and expires 01/10/2010, he's prospecting individual's who have major med and telling them it covers practically everything and no one is turned down. He also offers a deal if you buy the day you talk to him, it's more if you call him the next day to sign up.

Last edited:
Back