300 Real Estate Agent Contacts on Linkedin...

krismi78

How do I market it to them? Anyone have any magic to reach these people? If there is no magic, then what would you say is the best way to reach out to these agents?

Thanks

Random Thought...talk to them and ask them about their business, get them to speak about their success, folks love to talk about themselves and sales people love war stories. Ask the realtor/mortgage person how they market and expand their business, see if you can be of any value to them and then start telling them a little about what you do. You might ask them how they got into the business, many have different stories. Try to be wide awake and focused so the next time you see that person you can ask them more questions about the previous conversation, it changes you from a cold call type t a slightly warmer person in their life. if they can't use your service, maybe they know someone who can.

Ultimately you want the mortgage processor or whoever holds their chain/leash, so sorry for the crude analogy but I cannot stress enough that those people are at the finish line, it makes a huge difference even if it takes you a year or two to crack into it. Similar to calling on "X-Dates" sure a lot of people do but those homeowners truly need your service or should.

I'm happy this thread got a bump. I would only add that from when I last posted I now see the desire for many to want to network with RE Agents. I would encourage you to talk very little about how you can help them with insurance. Let these folks talk and tell you a few war stories. Ask them questions you already know the answer to...like "So is it true home sales are up over last year at this time?" And they will spit out some numbers and tell you how now is the time to buy...

After a couple go-arounds you won't even need to sell your services, they keep talking and pretty soon they start to use you. Building a big network is a worthwhile endeavor but let's be honest...most of the folks who dive head first into that typically have a positive self image. If you don't like to look your best at all times and be a few things you probably curse behind closed doors then networking is gonna be a little tougher for you.

Ability to make conversation on the fly and appear natural is an art.

Back