P&C Agent Prospecting Mortgage Lenders

cjones

I am a new agent trying to gain some traction. Obviously the best way to build a book is by referrals. I am wanting to prospect to the local mortgage lenders in my area to try and earn some homeowners business and then cross sell auto. My company has about the best rates in town, but unfortunately we don't advertise. Therefore I made up a flyer and was going to go around passing it out. My question is, has anyone done this before and are they very receptive to it? Im guessing they like the agents better who cater in lunch for everyone but I can't quite swing that right now.

I passed out 500 flyers didnt get a call so I stopped wasting ink. What I started to do is build relationships with selling agents. I have a foot in the door because both of my perents are real estate agents.

Most real estate agents love to eat at Chilis. Take them there and present what you offer.

The key is finding a good real estate agent, not just finding any old real estate agent.

Real estate agents usually leave their business cards at local businesses. Pick one up and give them a call until you find one that is receptive. One on one relationships is better than a flyer. Find 3 or 4 realators this way and you should be set. You can cultivate more if you want, but too much and it becomes hard to manage.

I also tried leaving flyers at real estate offices along with some goodies. Huge waste of time and money.

How do you find real estate agent's to talk to?
Soaringagent...how do you get your clients? You can think of real estate agents as your clients. That should answer your question.

And, please don't take this the wrong way, as I am not trying to be rude...but I'm quite surprised that a salesperson would wonder how to find someone to start a conversation with. You are your own walking billboard...'nuff said.

I did real estate agents flyers passed it to them at there office. It works but u have to do it for a year or so. Nothing works that quick. If u get a few good agents they can give u a few clients a month plus if they do commercial office lease or sale u can help them with the BOP it's easy sale they need it for the bank or the landlord. I just did one last year $300 commission.

go visit open houses to find some realtors,

eveyone knows a realtor, ask your friends for a meeting

Give Realtors a value added aspect of insurance...like quick, affordable close of escrow transactions.

There's a marketing program (I forget the name) that the insurance agent sends cards on behalf of Realtors for birthdays and holidays.... it was quite expensive for the system, but it can be mimicked.

Mortgage Brokers are good to know because they have loans they need to close. Insurance is always the last condition to satisfy, but a good mortgage broker will make sure the insurance is well taken care of. Also, renters are good prospects as well for homeowner's insurance. They may buy in the future, so marketing to them can lead to more cross sell and future business. Get to know property managers and landlords and have them require renter's insurance when a lease is signed.

The system is called recamp (www.recamp.com).
You can buy the cards that the system uses at Home | Appreciation Kards, but you don't get the full system if you buy just the cards.

I've known several agents who have used this system successfully during the boom real estate market. None of the ones I know who used it still do for whatever reason. It's a good idea, but be mindful of the costs that can be incurred.

Dan

You have to do something for them to get their attention. I am in the real estate business and the insurance biz

You have to stand out.

You cant do gifts anymore so it evens the playing field so you have to be creative and get them to remember you over the next guy doing what you are doing.

Remember there is someone else doing what you are doing and others that just did it as well.

So make us remember you over the previous one and you will ge the business.

Back