Realtor/Insurance Agent.

I hold a real estate license, but I refer real estate business to another agent. Having the license means that I can get paid a referral fee (legally).
Hi
Can you tell me onething though you are license holder why you are referring to another agent??whats the mean of paid referral fee??

Hi
Can you tell me onething though you are license holder why you are referring to another agent??whats the mean of paid referral fee??

Not sure I understand your question. I refer real estate business to another real estate agent so that they can do the work. (I don't do it myself for two reasons. First, it's time consuming. Second, the people that I refer to will do a much better job with a real estate transaction than I would.

I generated the lead for this agent, and my agreement is that I get 25% of the commission.

I don't plan on using it but do you think getting a real estate license will help me network with realtors and mortgage brokers to generate new insurance business?

What would be the best way to go about it?

I don't plan on using it but do you think getting a real estate license will help me network with realtors and mortgage brokers to generate new insurance business?

What would be the best way to go about it?

Personally, I wouldn't get your real estate license until you find someone who is willing to work with you. You will need a place to hang your license for it to be valid. My suggestion is to find a broker, not a agent so you don't have to split 25% of 50%. Cause an agent still have to give his or her share to the broker he or she works under.

by the way that is a nice idea to offer both services. i will talk about this with my partner. hope i will have something in positive.

I'm sure they could if they wanted to. Can realtors be loan officers? Yes. Can insurance agents be loan officers? Yes.

It comes down to preference in what each person wants to do. Doing one thing and being very efficient and great at it rather many things and average might not be best? Plus, wearing too many hats can have its own issues in many ways.

I'm sure they could if they wanted to. Can realtors be loan officers? Yes. Can insurance agents be loan officers? Yes.

It comes down to preference in what each person wants to do. Doing one thing and being very efficient and great at it rather many things and average might not be best? Plus, wearing too many hats can have its own issues in many ways.

FYI Realtors cannot work as a Mortgage Broker at the same time.

It also depends on which state you are in. For example I recall that in the state of Pennsylvania, combination real estate and insurance offices are common, but in Ohio, even if you are licensed for both real estate brokerage and insurance, you cannot require the purchase of one in order to complete the purchase of the other. Complete disclosure is always required. So it can be done in some states, but ever so carefully. To minimize heartburn, in most small cases it is just better to keep them separate.

Back