401(k) Plans - What is Required in Your...

II maintain that there is a wide open market for those with even the minimal license requirements... albeit you might have to rely more heavily on the carrier (401(k)) rep's to perform many of those services for you... but if you're at least Series 6 licensed and you're looking at the EMPLOYER market as a supplement to what you're doing in the INDIVIDUAL market, this is a great place to investigate.

I was a little suprised by your initial post. You have been in the industry a long time and have had several interesting and informative posts.

I would still have to disagree with you. This is not a place to dabble in for an inexperienced rep.

That's what makes this work, different points of view. Do you ever play that little executive golf course in Marietta? I want to say it's Fox Creek. Nice place to tune up the game.

Chkn: I have to remind myself that I've been doing this a long time and you're most likely correct that inexperience will get neophytes into a bucket of hot-water in a hurry.... but I still maintain that if you work close with the 401(k) rep's they will do almost all the work for you... but I'll concede the point and take the more conservative road on this topic.

I have played Fox Creek (and the it's neighbor...Legacy)...but there are too many regular length courses to choose from, so they aren't high on my play-list.

NHS is right! My state allows you to sell Group Variable Annuities (i.e. 401k's w/o a securities license----and yes, they do include variable investments like mutual funds). I gave my 6, 7, 63, and 65 up and only hold my L&H---I also hold a profesional designation. Let me tell you, a securities license does nothing to make you an expert on anything!

Back to work for me!

Latest posts

Back