Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Retirement Planning Forum

Reply to First Mortgage Advice     
Old 04-08-2016, 09:13 AM   #1

State: jaclyn56 is an Insurance Agent from
First Mortgage Advice First Mortgage Advice
Hi all, I just let me know if my thoughts are on the right track or not. I'm 49, and in 5-6 years I'm planning to retire, but as I was thinking of retirement and after, I think there is somethings to be done for the life after retirement. Even though I have enough for the rest, I wanted something to get me engaged and also, enjoy.
So I'm thinking of a investment and I think I would take up a mortgage. Never had one and it's the first time. So, is there any chance that the mortgage are available for oldies like me? I'm talking of a 15 year period mortgage.
I checked few mortgage options, and also was going through a mortgage calculator (Canada Mortgage Direct (Calgary) - Calculators) and was checking the rates and affordability. Looks like it can be easily managed, but the real question is whether or not the mortgage will be sanctioned? Can someone help me on this? Is there something I should be aware of?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to First Mortgage Advice

Old 05-06-2016, 02:17 PM   #2
Super Genius

State: louiefrias is an Insurance Agent from
First Mortgage Advice Re: First Mortgage Advice
Hello!

I'm not entirely clear on what your question is. When you say "...take up a mortgage". Can you be more specific? I've been in the real estate brokerage and financial services space for a lil' bit...check my credentials via my website. Maybe I can help. Thanks.

Louie Frias
Corporate Sales Trainer
NV DOI Lic. No. 84574
CA DOI Lic. No. 0L23456
MyPrivatePensionPlan.com
Old 10-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #3
Guru

State: marindependent is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
I also don't understand.
Old 11-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #4
Super Genius
Rick Deckard on First Mortgage Advice

State: Rick Deckard is an Insurance Agent from
Are we operating under the assumption you purchase a property for investing?

Single Family Home or 2-4 units?

1. Who is going to manage this place? Pick up rent checks, vet the renters, etc? Can run your costs up so check this out prior.

2. How much energy and time are you going to devote to finding the very best investment property? My advice is you buy an up and coming home/neighborhood that runs along or side by side an already established nice section of town. Location, Location, Location, cannot stress it enough.

You must do a lot of research and go touch the property yourself to see first hand what kind of condition it is in, repairs needed, cost estimates vs actual return on the repairs, home inspection most important.

3. How much time have you really invested? I'm going to take up a mortgage sounds pretty loose, that need to be tightened up a lot. Are you in the United States?
Old 05-31-2017, 10:38 PM   #5
DHK
Guru
DHK on First Mortgage Advice

State: DHK is an Insurance Agent from California
DHK is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
You seem to be spamming... yes, that is true!
Reply to First Mortgage Advice 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Retirement Planning Forum