Goldman Calls It, No Rate Increases Until Mid 2016=never..

Article

That said, not everyone was shocked - as we also reported one bank made the explicit case not only for no rate hike but for further easing - as first reported here last weekend, "Goldman said The "Fed Should Think About Easing."

This is what we added last weekend:

What one should most certainly pay attention to, however, is what Goldman says the Fed will do - you know, for "risk management" purposes - because as we have shown countless times in the past, Goldman runs the Fed.

As such, forget a September rate hike. Or perhaps Yellen will listen too carefully to Hatzius and instead of a rate hike, shock absolutely everyone, and instead of a rate hike the Fed will join the ECB, SNB and Riksbank in the twilight zone of negative rates. That, or QE4.

And why not: after both the Swiss National Bank and the Chinese central bank crushed investors who thought the banks would never surprise them, why should the Fed not complete the 2015 trifecta of central bank turmoil? After all, the money printers are already running on "faith" and credibility fumes. Might as well go out with a bang.
Not only is this precisely what happened (yes, the Fed gave its first ever NIRP hint ever) but more importantly, we got the latest confirmation that when it comes to policy, anything that Goldman wants, Goldman gets courtesy of a few clueless lifetime academics in charge of the US money printer.

And there you have it: no rate hike until mid-2016, which as we said previously, means no rate hike at all since the "apolitical" Fed will never hike just before a presidential election, and more importantly, by then the epic inventory liquidation-driven recession will have already started, making the only question that matters in the summer of 2016: NIRP or QE4. Everything else is noise.

I wonder how Advisor's are talking to their client's about their safe money in this climate? Is everyone saying get into MYGA's and wait for the rates (for those that don't need income) to go back up? Or maybe half in something indexed to grow and something in a myga....I know I know, worthless to take guesses on something that is based on individual circumstances.

On a side note, I would like to see an indexed annuity that has tactical asset allocation with some funds participating in paper gold or reits...

Tyler would owe me a beer also if we did QE this year...
braveheart-hold-original.jpg

With Americo, are you allowed to blend the strategies, and how are the fees on those options?

Tyler would owe me a beer also if we did QE this year...

With Americo, are you allowed to blend the strategies, and how are the fees on those options?

You can choose more than one strategy. They have some of the highest participation rates and caps out there. They also have strong renewal rates.

The reason they can be so competetive in this rate environment is because they charge a real fee (deducted from the account). This is a deal killer for some depending on the market you work.

They also have a 1% MGSV on 100% which does not get charged the fee so the client is guaranteed to be positive by the end of the surrender period.

I think I have your gmail...I'll shoot you some info.

Ok fine, I am sure they are going to be raising rates in 2016 in an election year. They'll probably be doing some sort of QE by then.

Last edited:
EDIT 10/5/15
Looks like Goldman is now saying 2017..whatever Goldman wants, Goldman gets!
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...sees-higher-probability-liftoff-not-2016-2017

Now Yellen hinted at rates not going much lower i.e. possibility of NIRP happening with one FED chairman putting a dot on their famous dot chart, in the negative territory.
If negative rates are reached then you will see banks charge for clients to keep cash in their vaults, and you will start to see a ban on cash.
If there are negative rates, people would rather hold cash which would technically be better with a 0% rate. Holding cash would be deflationary and the Central Banks can't have that.
Trust me when I say, cash will be outlawed soon. They will start with the big notes, but soon or later through some global event, they will blame cash and boom, no more safe money bucket for retirees...and no MMF's aren't safe either when you can't withdraw past a certain amount per month due to withdrawal restrictions when everyone heads for the door.
The same ole retirement conversation will never be the same again...

Last edited:
Back