Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Retirement Planning Forum

Reply to List of SEP IRA Owners     
Old 08-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #1

State: joslynw is an Insurance Agent from
List of SEP IRA Owners List of SEP IRA Owners
Does anyone know a way to look up local SEP IRA owners? I am trying to come up with a list of 100 or so people and have been having trouble finding anything with google any help would be greatly appreciated. Any way to find sole proprietors would help too, Im sure theres a way to look up all the business licenses in my state or something
------------------------------------

Last edited by joslynw; 08-29-2016 at 01:02 PM.
  Reply With Quote to List of SEP IRA Owners

Old 08-29-2016, 01:06 PM   #2
Guru
Josh on List of SEP IRA Owners

State: Josh is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Josh is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
List of SEP IRA Owners Re: List of SEP IRA Owners
I do data for a living, but unless it's covered on a 5500 filing, I think you're going to have a tough time on that. Your personal finances are literally protected by the FCRA.

You could call small business owners if that's what you're looking to accomplish, but knowing them by SEP IRA is going to be tough if not impossible.

Telemarketing lists for $50/month
www.ListShack.com
Great for FE, Medicare, Auto, Homeowners, and more!
888-905-3282
Old 08-29-2016, 01:12 PM   #3

List of SEP IRA Owners Re: List of SEP IRA Owners joslynw is the thread starter for: List of SEP IRA Owners

Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I do data for a living, but unless it's covered on a 5500 filing, I think you're going to have a tough time on that. Your personal finances are literally protected by the FCRA.

You could call small business owners if that's what you're looking to accomplish, but knowing them by SEP IRA is going to be tough if not impossible.
Okay so if finding SEP IRA owners is out of the question, would it be possible to find a list of all the sole proprietorship licenses in my state or something similar?
Old 08-29-2016, 01:20 PM   #4
Guru
Josh on List of SEP IRA Owners

State: Josh is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Josh is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by joslynw View Post
Okay so if finding SEP IRA owners is out of the question, would it be possible to find a list of all the sole proprietorship licenses in my state or something similar?
Not really. If you're trying to do something for free you could go to the library and go to see if they'll let you use referenceusa to search their business listings.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:26 PM   #5

List of SEP IRA Owners Re: List of SEP IRA Owners joslynw is the thread starter for: List of SEP IRA Owners

Not really. If you're trying to do something for free you could go to the library and go to see if they'll let you use referenceusa to search their business listings.
Okay so would my best bet be to look up local businesses that would most likely be a sole proprietorship such as consultants, attorneys etc.?
Old 08-29-2016, 01:31 PM   #6

Okay so would my best bet to find sole proprietors with no employees be to look up local businesses likely to be a sole proprietorship such as attorneys, consultants etc. and slowly make my list?
Old 08-29-2016, 05:15 PM   #7
Guru

State: FL P&C Broker is an Insurance Agent from Florida
List of SEP IRA Owners
Maybe I don't know what I am talking about here but most successful people operating as a sole probably eventually incorporate. Could you search for companies with one employee?
Old 08-29-2016, 06:37 PM   #8
Guru

State: scagnt83 is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
scagnt83 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
No public filing for a SEP. So no publicly available list for SEP Plans or the participants within them.

Look for solo business owners who are incorporated. You can find those lists.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:42 PM   #9
Guru

State: FL P&C Broker is an Insurance Agent from Florida
List of SEP IRA Owners
So what's the pitch?
Reply to List of SEP IRA Owners 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Retirement Planning Forum