List of SEP IRA Owners

joslynw

Does anyone know a way to look up local SEP IRA owners? I am trying to come up with a list of 100 or so people and have been having trouble finding anything with google any help would be greatly appreciated. Any way to find sole proprietors would help too, Im sure theres a way to look up all the business licenses in my state or something

Last edited:
I do data for a living, but unless it's covered on a 5500 filing, I think you're going to have a tough time on that. Your personal finances are literally protected by the FCRA.

You could call small business owners if that's what you're looking to accomplish, but knowing them by SEP IRA is going to be tough if not impossible.

I do data for a living, but unless it's covered on a 5500 filing, I think you're going to have a tough time on that. Your personal finances are literally protected by the FCRA.

You could call small business owners if that's what you're looking to accomplish, but knowing them by SEP IRA is going to be tough if not impossible.

Okay so if finding SEP IRA owners is out of the question, would it be possible to find a list of all the sole proprietorship licenses in my state or something similar?

Okay so if finding SEP IRA owners is out of the question, would it be possible to find a list of all the sole proprietorship licenses in my state or something similar?

Not really. If you're trying to do something for free you could go to the library and go to see if they'll let you use referenceusa to search their business listings.

Not really. If you're trying to do something for free you could go to the library and go to see if they'll let you use referenceusa to search their business listings.

Okay so would my best bet be to look up local businesses that would most likely be a sole proprietorship such as consultants, attorneys etc.?

Okay so would my best bet to find sole proprietors with no employees be to look up local businesses likely to be a sole proprietorship such as attorneys, consultants etc. and slowly make my list?

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about here but most successful people operating as a sole probably eventually incorporate. Could you search for companies with one employee?

No public filing for a SEP. So no publicly available list for SEP Plans or the participants within them.

Look for solo business owners who are incorporated. You can find those lists.

Back