Medicare Advantage As Part of Retirement Package

VaDwayne

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a huge company in my hometown that offers their retirees an Aetna PFFS plan as part of their benefit package? I am speaking with the wife of one of those retirees, actually I have about 100 to call IF Aetna looks at those plans the same way as they do individual MA's, dropping their PFFS plans in 2010. It may be a moot point because I'm sure the company will just replace those plans with another MA,but there are some retirees that are fed up and I could easily get some supps out of it.

Does anybody have an idea if the individual plans are looked at differently than group plans?

Try to go after the entire group...

The one thing that sticks out on a case like this is coverage gap. Aetna has group retiree plans with real strong Rx coverage through the gap. (I'm assuming MA-PD)

Walk slowly. I know it looks tempting, but, try to isolate the complaints. See if their issues are real. Some retiree groups have retirees with a huge entitlement mentalities.

I doubt Aetna knows what they will do with their 2010 group plans. The Aetna individual is separate and your correct that the group would migrate to a different plan if something happens.

Last edited:
Back