Retirement for Me!

Wow, had no idea you were that old, I thought you were 25!!! lol.

I would do Roth, WL (I like Mass) paid up at 65, and then I would do a normal annuity if your baller, something indexed.

I know a lil about Roth IRAs (after tax dollars contributions) but I need to know more about it....and I need to know all my options on annuities!

I thought this was the retirement forum....where are these retirement agents?

Ill just take those as compliments, even tho Im sure they werent meant to be!

Well, I'll join the crowd.. I thought you to be -30... and I don't mean that in a bad way.. In fact, I was admiring that a young man seemed to have the drive you have. The age impression came from a combination of the avatar and some of the "ghetto" slang you tend to use at times.. Not that there anything wrong with that but it isn't soemthing you normally see from an "old" man.. :D(as I told you before, one of my 25 year old grandsons talks and types the same way)

I would start establish a Roth IRA and fund it with a Fixed Index Annuity of choice. I would also establish a WL. I would look at Ohio National or Guardian on the WL. Incidentally you can probably sell both of these to yourself with your current license and then you will reap income from the commission as well.

I would start establish a Roth IRA and fund it with a Fixed Index Annuity of choice. I would also establish a WL. I would look at Ohio National or Guardian on the WL. Incidentally you can probably sell both of these to yourself with your current license and then you will reap income from the commission as well.

Why would u need to put an annuity in a ROTH IRA, dont annuities have tax protection?

And why not just RNA for my WL?

Why would u need to put an annuity in a ROTH IRA, dont annuities have tax protection?

And why not just RNA for my WL?

I do not know anything about RNA's whole life. Do they pay dividends and what is the track records. ON and Guardian are two of the strongest in the business.

Inside a Roth because you will owe taxes on any gains or interest an annuity earns when the money is withdrawn. There is tax protection for an annuity only during accumulation but you are taxed on any gains at withdrawal. I suggest FIA because you are not exposed to the wide swings in the market that can ocur in many other instruments.

Understand this. There are no perfect investments and it all depends upon your goals and tolerance to risk.

Last edited:
I do not know anything about RNA's whole life. Do they pay dividends and what is the track records. ON and Guardian are two of the strongest in the business.

Inside a Roth because you will owe taxes on any gains or interest an annuity earns when the money is withdrawn. There is tax protection for an annuity only during accumulation but you are taxed on any gains at withdrawal. I suggest FIA because you are not exposed to the wide swings in the market that can ocur in many other instruments.

Understand this. There are no perfct investments and it all depends upon your goals and tolerance to risk.

I hear ya about pros & cons... But are u saying that if I put a FIA in a Roth IRA, I won't pay taxes on the gains?

That sounds pretty sweet if so! I didn't know u could put annuities in IRAs!

TDF
Sent via my Sprint Phone using Insurance Forums App

I hear ya about pros & cons... But are u saying that if I put a FIA in a Roth IRA, I won't pay taxes on the gains?

That sounds pretty sweet if so! I didn't know u could put annuities in IRAs!

TDF
Sent via my Sprint Phone using Insurance Forums App

You can place annuities within IRA's. Some advisors argue against it because IRAs are all ready tax qualified vehicles but annuities are generally all about guarantees and controlling risk. Contributions made to Roth IRAs are not excluded from current taxation but are sheltered from future taxation at least at this time.

Back