Seminars For Less.com - good seminar mailer for retirement?

My first couple years almost all my annuity sales were one call closes using pre-set appts. Now almost all my annuity sales are at the least 3 calls or more. The times changed, but so have I, and I do not use a pre-set appt company anymore. My prospecting methods are different and I depend mostly on cross selling, referals, and mailings.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses. I ended up taking Patch36's mentioning and called RME to help me with my seminar. So far they have been roughly twice the cost of their closest competitor (SeminarsForLess) but the excellent mailer quality and one-on-one customer service has been outstanding. I'm very happy with this company and within the past week have filled about 50% of my seminar seats already.

Now, I have to worry about getting my presentation through broker-dealer compliance. :1baffled:

Thanks for all the responses. I ended up taking Patch36's mentioning and called RME to help me with my seminar. So far they have been roughly twice the cost of their closest competitor (SeminarsForLess) but the excellent mailer quality and one-on-one customer service has been outstanding. I'm very happy with this company and within the past week have filled about 50% of my seminar seats already.

Now, I have to worry about getting my presentation through broker-dealer compliance. :1baffled:

Some of the securities representatives that I have talked to have used IRA presentations or Guarantee Income Planning seminars and it passed their BD approval.

Can I ask what you mean by filling your seats 50% in the first week? Were you expecting say 100 people and you got 50 resevations in the first week?

I think most mailers expect all responses to come in by the 3rd week????

Thanks for the info. I talked to one fellow at RME and he seemed to be pretty sharp. I have to make a decision soon. Good luck with your seminar. ;)

My experience with filling seats.

You will have 50% of your eventual total in the first week of a bulk mailing, or the first 3 days of a first-class mailing (from the time the pieces start hitting).

Some people call immediately to reserve. That is half.

Others give it a bit of time to think it over, talk to spouse, whatever. They trickle in up to about 2 days before the event. That is the other half.

This seems to be very consistent, at least with me.

Can I ask what you mean by filling your seats 50% in the first week? Were you expecting say 100 people and you got 50 resevations in the first week?

I think most mailers expect all responses to come in by the 3rd week????

Thanks for the info. I talked to one fellow at RME and he seemed to be pretty sharp. I have to make a decision soon. Good luck with your seminar. ;)

Who are you working with at RME, out of curiousity?

Maybe not 50%, but I got about 40% in the first week, then it started slowing down. I don't know how many more people will sign up in the next 2.5 weeks remaining until the first seminar, but I hope it will be many more :D

I was just impressed overall by the quality of the mailer itself and of RME's service. Lovin' it.

Who are you working with at RME, out of curiousity?

Maybe not 50%, but I got about 40% in the first week, then it started slowing down. I don't know how many more people will sign up in the next 2.5 weeks remaining until the first seminar, but I hope it will be many more :D

I was just impressed overall by the quality of the mailer itself and of RME's service. Lovin' it.

I am not using anyone yet. I am where you are but I am planning my first seminar. I plan on deciding on a FMO this week. Good luck.

Back