$0 Copay on Generics (PDP) for 2015

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I have my clients so spoiled getting those $ 0 copays on their generic medications. The Wellcare Classic plan was great and Silver Scripts as well for $0 copays. It looks like for 2015 Wellcare Classic has really raised the premium and added a $320 ded. Silver Scripts Choice still has a decent premium but no longer offers the $0 copay unless you go with their high premium plan.

Anyone know if the Wellcare Extra will still offer $0 copays on generics for 2015?

Have you seen any other plans that offer $0 copays without the client having to pay an astronomical premium?

Thanks in advance

Mail order is the way to go if they have maintenance meds. May have to do the initial order with preferred pharm for 30 days, but quickly go for the 90 days $0
generics. I get a huge bag o' drugs from RightsourceRX every 3 months for my wife (diabetic) and myself and never costs a cent. Free diabetic strips, lancets, even the monitor thingy and batteries.

thanks for the responses. Do you know if they're still offering this for 2015? Doesn't that plan have a deductible? I know it didn't apply towards generics if you went to Walmart directly

I write mostly Med supps but I also try and help with their drugs because I know it's important to them. You about break even if you want to actually write the drug plan and get credit. By the time you run their meds, mail out the kits to them and provide postage for them to mail back to you, the $28 that you would have made has been reduced to about $10 once you factor in time and postage. For that reason I research the plans for them and provide them with the printouts, phone #'s etc for them to just enroll directly. Also, who wants to work for free basically for 3 months before you get paid. They don't pay you on those things until after AEP. Could you imagine asking CMS workers to wait 3 months to get paid

$28.00 x 500 clients = $14,000 annually

Better than a kick in the you know what. Humana Walmart doesn't have the deductible on Tier 1 and 2 even through Right Source so client would get them for $0 for 90 days and not have to pay the deductible. Only on Tier 3 and 4 do they have a deductible.

What chains are considered Preferred Pharmacy on the Humana Enhanced plan? It looks like Walgreens and Wal Mart on their website. Is that correct?

I noticed alot of the insurance companies have added deductibles for 2015 on the PDP's and taken away the $0 copays on generics. They're going to be some unhappy seniors.

I write mostly Med supps but I also try and help with their drugs because I know it's important to them. You about break even if you want to actually write the drug plan and get credit. By the time you run their meds, mail out the kits to them and provide postage for them to mail back to you, the $28 that you would have made has been reduced to about $10 once you factor in time and postage. For that reason I research the plans for them and provide them with the printouts, phone #'s etc for them to just enroll directly. Also, who wants to work for free basically for 3 months before you get paid. They don't pay you on those things until after AEP. Could you imagine asking CMS workers to wait 3 months to get paid

Welcare offers online enrollment, SS and Humana both have email options. And I am sure others do as well. Yeah, it's not a ton of money but you are helping your client anyway. Might was well get paid. It adds up. It really doesn't take the long.

Yeah, I guess you are right though, if I have to wait three months to get paid it's not worth it. I would rather not get paid at all.

Back