$0 MAPD a Better Plan Than a Med Supp....

So I did a quick glance....

Lupron, Xgena and Xtina are all Part B covered meds. I Have ZERO idea how that works with an MAPD, but on F, its covered at 100% and on G, its 100% after the deductible. They shouldn't be picked up at the pharmacy, in any case. He's probably already going to the doc multiple times a month, have them do the Lupron at the doc's office.

Hope this helps!

Thanks yeah I sent her an email and explained that if any of those are administered at the doctor, let me know. His Medicare will cover it

As a person who was formally on Remicade, the infusion is typically given once every 8 weeks and not once per month. Secondly, she must be a really heavy woman if it's 10k for each infusion. They billed my insurance company $5k and if memory serves me correctly the contractual rate was in the $3k-$3.5k range. I'm willing to bet the Medicare reimbursement amount is less than what my insurance reimbursement rate was.

Also, her Med Supp picks up the 20%. Medicare pays the other 80%. This would be the case with almost any medication administered by a medical professional.

I didn't meet her, phone conversation. So she may have been.....a larger person. She talked a lot but her question she said she wanted answered was how could she switch from Plan N to Plan F as she heard she could do that with AARP.

Good info on the drug cost. I did mean MS picked up the 20%. So, your thinking contracted rate would be $6Kish "if" the bill is actually $10K. She also wanted to know about the UHC MAPD but her doc and hospital of choice were out of network.

I didn't meet her, phone conversation. So she may have been.....a larger person. She talked a lot but her question she said she wanted answered was how could she switch from Plan N to Plan F as she heard she could do that with AARP.

Good info on the drug cost. I did mean MS picked up the 20%. So, your thinking contracted rate would be $6Kish "if" the bill is actually $10K. She also wanted to know about the UHC MAPD but her doc and hospital of choice were out of network.

I'm guessing the Medicare reimbursement rate is much lower than private insurance. So likely well below $6k.

Three questions:
I. From October to now-Is bluesky still a wise/prudent Canadian pharmacy choice?

I've used up my low priced bystolic stockpile. This year, Kroger SilverScript price for 90 tablets is something like $188 (Incl tax). (Almost $400 full price)

BlueSky price for 84 generic UK tablets is $45. With shipping, I would basically get a 3 mo supply for the US price of a 1 month supply.

II. Their payment options are personal check or international money order.
Is anyone aware of a Canadian pharmacy that takes paypal, or do I just plan well and mail a check?

III. The UK price is in multiples of 28 day periods. Can I get US 30 day periods without sending the price sky high, or do I need to stick with those 28 day groupings when ordering?

Three questions:
I. From October to now-Is bluesky still a wise/prudent Canadian pharmacy choice?

I've used up my low priced bystolic stockpile. This year, Kroger SilverScript price for 90 tablets is something like $188 (Incl tax). (Almost $400 full price)

BlueSky price for 84 generic UK tablets is $45. With shipping, I would basically get a 3 mo supply for the US price of a 1 month supply.

II. Their payment options are personal check or international money order.
Is anyone aware of a Canadian pharmacy that takes paypal, or do I just plan well and mail a check?

III. The UK price is in multiples of 28 day periods. Can I get US 30 day periods without sending the price sky high, or do I need to stick with those 28 day groupings when ordering?

I guess doing the intelligent thing and calling Blue Sky is too much trouble?

Rick

Rick

I have him back on ignore but I guess he picked the wrong drug plan for his meds (not surprising), bystolic should be a Preferred brand with a $40-$50 copay monthly.

Rick

Inquiring whether, 9 months after an original referral, Insurance Forum members have any problems with BlueSky, or inquiring whether Insurance Forum members know if there are any Canadian pharmacies that take paypal are not phone questions for BlueSky.

Inquiring whether, 9 months after an original referral, Insurance Forum members have any problems with BlueSky, or inquiring whether Insurance Forum members know if there are any Canadian pharmacies that take paypal are not phone questions for BlueSky.

How much research do you need before you take a piss?

Rick

Forum Members: "The BBQ at the local place down the street is pretty good."

LostDollar: "I noticed that their inspection stickers in 2007 were mis-aligned (I saw a picture of the sticker while doing historical research on the restaurant). Do you think that they may have forged them?
Also, what is the average health inspector rating for BBQ places in the area - 16.4 miles from the BBQ place you are recommending - and what does that average rating indicate about the BBQ place which you are recommending?"

Members: "Dude. Just go to McDonalds and forget about it..."

I have him back on ignore but I guess he picked the wrong drug plan for his meds (not surprising), bystolic should be a Preferred brand with a $40-$50 copay monthly.

A) You don't know my meds.

B) Your memory is slipping.

The process of fixing the issues cited by regulators has been a lengthy one for Cigna, and it wasn’t able to finish in time to participate in the 2017 open enrollment period for Medicare. Because of that, the insurer said in February that it expects to have 50,000 fewer senior customers in 2017. But with its sanctions now lifted, Cigna will be able to participate in this fall’s open enrollment period for 2018 plans.

As a new enrollee, pretty difficult to enroll in a plan that was not offered during enrollment.:D (At least in Kansas. Maybe that's one of the different things you get to do in Florida.)

----------

How much research do you need before you take a piss?

Rick

I need an environmental impact survey to know which patch of weeds is most in need of irrigation. :1cool:

Back