12 Month Trial MA Trial

Dowejonez

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Iowa
If you want to go back to original medicare during your 12 month trial period, can you take any med sup if you didn't carry one when you began?

OK, I'm certified, but only for a week and still learning this medicare stuff, what's a 12 month MA trial?

Is there something different than making moves during MAPD and AEP?

OK, I'm certified, but only for a week and still learning this medicare stuff, what's a 12 month MA trial?

May I ask who you are appointed with? You may want to ask if the have some training classes you could attend.

You can also read cover to cover a few times the Medicare and You book and do a ton of reading on Medicare.gov

You'll find some smart a$$ people on here, ignore them, there are enough of us to give constructive answers.;)

The first time someone enrolls into a MA plan, they are in a 12 month trial period.

They can in CA. Don't know if that's a federal or state rule.

Rick

Are you saying a person in Ca. that was on only medicare only and was say 68 years old and not ever been on a med sup or MA plan and signs up for one now during AEP for the first time and then drops it in 6 months because of the trail period can GI into a med sup?

If they can it's certainly a state rule.

On further review I don't think that person would even have a trial right. I don't believe they could drop the MA after the MADP at all until the next AEP.

Last edited:
Back