15% Rate Incr Requested by Transamerica Premier Life

Spud

Expert
Hi, just noticed this company just filed a rate increase with the state (Idaho) for 15% plan F...left G alone...state is reviewing this. Anyone else seeing/hearing this in their state?

Haven't seen double digit rate increases in Georgia for a couple of years, even on closed blocks.

Going forward it will not surprise me to see more drastic 2 tier increases similar to what you illustrated. Part B deductible projected to have a dramatic increase next year and plan F discontinued (new sales) in 2020 will put pressure on F plan pricing.

I just called them Friday to ask if they were going to sell again in Florida and was told NO. I guess the 4 policies I have on the books will be replaced soon especially if they start having rate increases.

LMAO! I will never write another trans policy again (unless its a copd final expense first day coverage policy). I knew they were going to pull a MOO and have unstable rates. I will put money Aetna will be the next one doing this...

I have a hard time writing for Aetna (CLI) in that they dropped their plan G rates across the country to be the premier plan g company...only to have 9+% rate increases for their existing plan f customers. Sure feels like the x-MOO mgmt found jobs here and Transamerica?

----------

I have a hard time with Aetna (CLI)...feels like they are doing the same thing in that when they lowered their plan G rates across the country earlier this year, they immediately raised their plan F rates 9% or so. Not sure I would want to be a Plan G customer in the next 6 or so months as I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar bump in plan G rates. GPM and CSI still stand out in their rate history and plan mgmt to me.

LMAO! I will never write another trans policy again (unless its a copd final expense first day coverage policy). I knew they were going to pull a MOO and have unstable rates. I will put money Aetna will be the next one doing this...

Bankers fidelity has taken their cue from MoO.. They started a new company to issue their Med Supps.. Bankers Fidelity Assurance.. The are now increasing premiums on the Bakers Fidelity Book while keeping low entry level rates on the BFA plans.

Bankers fidelity has taken their cue from MoO.. They started a new company to issue their Med Supps.. Bankers Fidelity Assurance.. The are now increasing premiums on the Bakers Fidelity Book while keeping low entry level rates on the BFA plans.

Thanks for letting me know that, I will research my areas with them and recall the pipeline leads created, the ole Frank Stasny approach...

Back