2010 PDP/MAPD Training

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I started to do some of my 2010 training with insurance companies. I don't plan on writing any MAPD plans but I will help with the PDP's where I can. One thing I've decided after going through my training with a couple of companies is to just hold off until Oct 1st until we can see what the companies products will actually be. I remember last year going through hours and hours of training with 6 or 7 different companies only to find out that their products had changed so drastically for the upcoming year that I would not even write them....yet I wasted alot of time going through the training.

Others might want to consider this also.....it might save yourself time and you can then go through the training with the companies that you like for 2010.

I'd like to hear any tips or advice from other agents on how their going to handle the upcoming AEP in a more efficient manner.

Humana says you have to finish your training by October 2nd or you will not be able to sell their programs for 2010.

I've done the AHIP Training, CIP, and am almost done with Coventry. I can't finish UHC, because their components won't be online to complete until Oct. 1.

I don't like waiting. Generally, most companies won't change their plan designs between now and AEP. For the most part, I've had a better experience with training this year than last.

I've done the AHIP Training, CIP, and am almost done with Coventry. I can't finish UHC, because their components won't be online to complete until Oct. 1.

I don't like waiting. Generally, most companies won't change their plan designs between now and AEP. For the most part, I've had a better experience with training this year than last.

They can't change their plans between now and Nov. 15. What he is talking about is that the plans haven't released their 2010 plans and he can't compare them to the 2009 plans because of that.

Yes, JDeasy, that is what I am trying to say. Sorry.

Let me put it another way. I doubt they will change their plans between AEP and OEP.

They can't change their plans between AEP and OEP either. What the OP wants to know is what the plans look like for 2010 so that he won't bother to certify for plans that chaned so drastically that he is not going to sell them.

Why certify for a product you are not going to represent?

They can tell the agents what the plans look like for 2010, pending CMS approval. They can't tell the Medicare Beneficiaries until Oct. 1.
:1err:
I've been given a brief overview from Universal, CIP, Coventry and UHC.

I obviously missed the whole jist of the post. Sorry.

They can tell the agents what the plans look like for 2010, pending CMS approval. They can't tell the Medicare Beneficiaries until Oct. 1.
:1err:
I've been given a brief overview from Universal, CIP, Coventry and UHC.

I obviously missed the whole jist of the post. Sorry.

Yes, they can tell the agents, but many have not. Where did you get the info for UHC's 2010 plans? I don't rep. them, but, I have a friend that does and he has been unable to get info on their plans for 2010.

I wrote nearly 200 medicare advantage policies last year. I have not even looked at the training requirements yet. I am trying to care, but they knocked it out of me last year.

The ONLY reason I will even bother to certify this year is to be able to service my existing clients that I can't move to a med sup. The med advantage companies are going to milk the subsidized gravy train and blame their agents for the culture of greed they created with a seasonal product.

If you are still depending on the MA plans to support yourself, you must not believe anything you have read for the last couple years.

Back