2013 Version of the Medigap Guidebook

JGold814

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
Does anyone know when the 2013 version of “Choosing a Medigap Policy: A Guide to Health Insurance for People with Medicare” is going to be/expected to be released?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nevermind - i found a copy of one. I'm not sure why it's not more easily accessible.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the 2013 version of “Choosing a Medigap Policy: A Guide to Health Insurance for People with Medicare” is going to be/expected to be released?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nevermind - i found a copy of one. I'm not sure why it's not more easily accessible.

It usually comes out about this time of year IIRC. Keep lookin'!

I found it on one of my med supp carriers' websites. I attached a copy of it.

Attachments

• Medigap Guide 2013.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
You'd think they'd want to have it out at the beginning of the year. I've never understood the thinking behind why it doesn't come out til the middle of the year. But whatever, it's not up to me :no:

I found it on one of my med supp carriers' websites. I attached a copy of it.

Thanks for posting that.

Perplexing that it's not available on Medicare.gov yet.

Also, we've had a couple threads about GI where we couldn't nail down whether Plan N is or is not GI. This 2013 version does not include Plan N in the list of GI plans (the 2012 version did but only in one or two situations).

Edit: I just went to Medicare.gov and while the version of Choosing a Medigap they have still shows 2012 on the first page and "Revised December 2011" on the last page, Plan N is now missing from the GI list. I know it was there before. [need a facepalm smiley]

The current year version in print usually comes out in May.

That's what I had figured, but happened to find a copy. It may have just gotten released at the beginning of April perhaps. What I was surprised by is that I found it on a carrier's website and its not even on medicare's website.

Back