2015 MA Increase

This increase looks like its for the companies. Still no word on changes to agent compensation?

The Obama administration announced Monday that planned cuts to Medicare Advantage would not go through as anticipated amid election-year opposition from congressional Democrats.

The cuts would have reduced benefits that seniors receive from health plans in the program, which is intended as an alternative to Medicare.

Under cuts planned by the administration, insurers offering the plans were to see their federal payments reduced by 1.9 percent, which likely would have necessitated cuts for customers.

Healthcare cuts canceled after Dem complaints | TheHill

The PMPM paid to plans in Southern California is about $850. So .4% is about $40 a year times thousands of members. Rick

I, like many agents, get the "how can this plan be zero premium" question. If they only knew the plan gets about ten grand a year from the government even if they don't go to the doctor once, just for being on their roll.

Weren't these cuts supposed to be used to help fund Obamacare? So now that we've had increases two years in a row I wonder if Obamacare is still going to bring down the deficit and debt? Rhetorical question of course.

----------

I, like many agents, get the "how can this plan be zero premium" question. If they only knew the plan gets about ten grand a year from the government even if they don't go to the doctor once, just for being on their roll.

I tell the client this info when they ask the question regarding the MA plan being zero premium.

Back