2015 Mapd Changes

This all makes total sense. The problem was the person telling me this info had it wrong. He later confirmed exactly what you are saying. It was so far removed from what I thought it should be that I asked for conformation here. He was still "sure" of this as of yesterday until he called the company to "prove" it to me. Turned out he was wrong...

I appreciate all the input, it slowed my decision down and not to just assume he knew what he was talking about.

Thanks again all!

I have now heard from two different sources that the renewal pay for 2015 AEP will not wait 13 months before you collect it. This is what I have been told.

You sell MAPD 10/1/14 for 1/1/15 effective date. You will get paid the $200/$400 commission after January 7th, 2015. However, you will ALSO get the $17 per month per member starting January 2015. (no longer waiting for the 13th month)

This sounds way too good to be true, but I have been told by two different sources this is a change for 2015. It will not apply for mid year, but it will apply for AEP this year.

Is anyone else hearing this? I would love to see documentation supporting this. Right now I am just being "told" these are changes.

These changes have no effect on the total amount of commission we get paid for each MA enrollment over the first 12 months .The only effect on our commissions that this rule has is on WHEN in the first 12 month of the enrollment do we receive the commissions. This new rule applies whether it's a full true up 425.00 enrollment or a 212.50 replacement enrollment. As a veteran Medicare Health plan agent I like the changes because it drives out some of the carpetbaggers in this industry and also because it will alleviate those gut wrenching $ 400.00 charge-backs that pop up now and then as a result of a rapid dis enrollment that the commission department missed 5 years ago.

In this transitional year one thing it will effect for me financially as a sole proprietor is how to plan for my taxes as there won't be such a big chunk of my 2014 income coming in all at once in the fourth quarter but my renewal income for 2015 will automatically ratchet up more than usual.

If you enroll someone with a 1/1/15 start date, in 1/1/16 we will get the full 200 that Jan instead of the 17 $ a month

These changes have no effect on the total amount of commission we get paid for each MA enrollment over the first 12 months .The only effect on our commissions that this rule has is on WHEN in the first 12 month of the enrollment do we receive the commissions. This new rule applies whether it's a full true up 425.00 enrollment or a 212.50 replacement enrollment. As a veteran Medicare Health plan agent I like the changes because it drives out some of the carpetbaggers in this industry and also because it will alleviate those gut wrenching $ 400.00 charge-backs that pop up now and then as a result of a rapid dis enrollment that the commission department missed 5 years ago.

In this transitional year one thing it will effect for me financially as a sole proprietor is how to plan for my taxes as there won't be such a big chunk of my 2014 income coming in all at once in the fourth quarter but my renewal income for 2015 will automatically ratchet up more than usual.

I think this is what RickT is talking about... This came from Humana today... Looks like a pay raise to me for all of the IEP business written during Lock In.

"Previously, Humana defined a year for commission purposes as the twelve months following the enrollment effective date. Renewal commissions began in month thirteen. For example, an enrollment effective April 1st was paid renewal commissions beginning the following April, assuming the member did not change plans.

However, CMS defines a year as the plan year, January through December, regardless of the enrollment month and requires that renewal commissions begin in the January following the enrollment effective date. (Please note: Renewal commissions for enrollments effective January 1st are paid the following January, so plans effective in January are not impacted)."

Back