58 on Medicare Disability with MOO

Too new at this to know if I can help a friend of a friend. The situation is a 58 year old lady who is on permanent disability with pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, etc. She is currently with MOO on a Plan G paying over $325/mo. premium. Drug costs are high as well, as she's on a 24 hr. drip for the pulmonary hypertension. Does she have much in the way of choices to move to another Medicare disability-type plan at a more competitive rate?

Too new at this to know if I can help a friend of a friend. The situation is a 58 year old lady who is on permanent disability with pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, etc. She is currently with MOO on a Plan G paying over $325/mo. premium. Drug costs are high as well, as she's on a 24 hr. drip for the pulmonary hypertension. Does she have much in the way of choices to move to another Medicare disability-type plan at a more competitive rate?

For starters, we need to know the zip code. Med Supps upstate are higher than downstate. Is she on insulin? What are the names of her meds?

She might be stuck until she turns 65. She has to be underwritten now.

Wow! What state are you that an U65 is able to get that type of policy? They would only qualify for a chintzy Plan A in Texas and it would be so costly!! Good Luck with your case.

Thanks to those that weighed in on my initial post. The update is that the lady will sit tight until she turns 65. She does live in a suburb of Chicago, zip 60137, DuPage County. Her two vials of pulmonary hypertension drug run $27,000/month. In addition, she is on insulin for Type 1 diabetes, taking 4 injections per day. At present she is waiting on a biopsy report for 4 moles on her back that her derm is highly suspicious of. YIKES! :nah:

Thanks again for your input; much appreciated.

Thanks to those that weighed in on my initial post. The update is that the lady will sit tight until she turns 65. She does live in a suburb of Chicago, zip 60137, DuPage County. Her two vials of pulmonary hypertension drug run $27,000/month. In addition, she is on insulin for Type 1 diabetes, taking 4 injections per day. At present she is waiting on a biopsy report for 4 moles on her back that her derm is highly suspicious of. YIKES! :nah:

Thanks again for your input; much appreciated.

She really has no other choice. Damn...$27,000 a month for one med!:swoon:

Back