67 Yr Old Med Supp with Neuropathy

First post..His words...."monthly". I'm aware it's per visit. I took it as he visited the doc once a month.

"Hes in TN and take an infusion monthly of gamma globulin 600ml, will anyone approve him? he has a plan n with aarp and hates it...thank you"

Ok, my bad. I read his post twice to make sure he didn't say it and I must have glossed right over it each time!

Back to remedial reading for me! :twitchy:

Ok, my bad. I read his post twice to make sure he didn't say it and I must have glossed right over it each time!

Back to remedial reading for me! :twitchy:

No worries the way he phrased it hides it well. I had to even read it again myself. :twitchy:

Then again there's some assumption on my part as to him "only" going once per month based on that sentence alone. I know if I could get a Plan N right now I'd never complain, even with the small co-pays.

Sometimes people don't realize how good they've got it.

No worries the way he phrased it hides it well. I had to even read it again myself. :twitchy:

Then again there's some assumption on my part as to him "only" going once per month based on that sentence alone. I know if I could get a Plan N right now I'd never complain, even with the small co-pays.

Sometimes people don't realize how good they've got it.

Sorry should have said he goes once for the infusion but 3-4 times a month to see his dr also, he also was complaining about gettting bills in the mail when he sees his dr. ..well since I won't get paid I'll just tell him to call AARP and switch between them...thanx again

Sorry should have said he goes once for the infusion but 3-4 times a month to see his dr also, he also was complaining about gettting bills in the mail when he sees his dr. ..well since I won't get paid I'll just tell him to call AARP and switch between them...thanx again

Plan G is an option in July.

why plan g in july? is there some sort of enrollment period? they have aarp and i called around and thats only carrier that will do it...in july can i switch to a new carrier?

AARP/UHC rolled out a new app with different questions, and introduced Plan G, both effective July 1. You can order materials now.

Reps for UHC/AARP say a medsupp client of theirs could also switch back to Plan N, if the medical treatments slow down.

If the infusion is billed as an office visit there will be a payable charge up to $20, but if it's not billed that way, then, no cost, assuming the $183 Part B deductible is met.

Example: physical therapy visits are not charged as an office visit, so no 20% *up to* $20 charges owed. Many actual office visits wind up costing $12/15/16 range. It's not a fixed copay, it's the maximum the insured has to pay for an OV on Plan N. Why it's so great for the right person.

Last edited:
What commission will aarp/Uhc pay on plan G? Doesn't their almost Gi plan only pay $200 and change?

Back