800 # for Outbound Calls?

As someone who has cold called for over 12 years in various industries, cold calling in 2017 is almost dead. It still works, but your average prospect is either on the DNC list, has no land line, acts like a 12 year old when interacting with telemarketers, picks up the phone and doesn't say anything, or they are just out right assholes. I'm not saying cold calling is dead, but it is dying and while it is still worth it to prospect that way if you lower your expectations. With all the scams from overseas telemarketers, they have put a huge negative stigma around anyone doing business over the phone along with the mainstream media constantly talking down about the practice.
It definitely is changing. I give it 5-10 years tops for the senior market. Anyone other demographic it's already dead.

Nowadays if you don't show up in their social media newsfeeds, you pretty much don't exist.

As someone who has cold called for over 12 years in various industries, cold calling in 2017 is almost dead.

Not intending to be a contrarian, but I'm inclined to disagree. I admittedly have a vested interest in telemarketing working long-term, but even that taken into consideration it's a long ways from almost dead. Growing? No. Staying flat? Maybe not even that, but definitely still alive. I don't have the exact numbers, but we easily sell more than 10,000,000 records a month and we're a very small piece of a very huge industry.

Yes, best practice is to use a number in their local area code.

Skype will let you buy as many numbers as you need.

This def seems like a viable option. How about the cost of using Skype for all of the calls. Do they have any kind of unlimited calling plan?

How many states are you calling?

Skype is great for one number, but the annual cost for the actual number is a bit high depending on usage.

How many states are you calling?

Skype is great for one number, but the annual cost for the actual number is a bit high depending on usage.

I'm licensed in 10 states so I'll def need more than 1. I was thinking 1 phone # for each state I'm licensed in. Gonna try and work the T65's a little bit with telemarketers. Do you have any other methods that might work?

I'm licensed in 10 states so I'll def need more than 1. I was thinking 1 phone # for each state I'm licensed in. Gonna try and work the T65's a little bit with telemarketers. Do you have any other methods that might work?

If you go to vitelity.com you can get some numbers (DIDs) and just forward them to your main line or whatever other line you want. I think they're around $2/month plus a few cents a minute (maybe less?), but if you want to get one for each state and just have them forward to a main line, that's probably the easiest/cheapest way to do it.

If you go to vitelity.com you can get some numbers (DIDs) and just forward them to your main line or whatever other line you want. I think they're around $2/month plus a few cents a minute (maybe less?), but if you want to get one for each state and just have them forward to a main line, that's probably the easiest/cheapest way to do it.

Thanks for the info Josh. Would this work for making outgoing calls? So the local # shows up on their caller ID? I talked with a sales rep at Vitelity and he also said I would need a "private branch exchange". Do you think that is necessary as well? They looked kind of pricey so I'm trying to avoid that if possible. lol.

Thanks for the info Josh. Would this work for making outgoing calls? So the local # shows up on their caller ID? I talked with a sales rep at Vitelity and he also said I would need a "private branch exchange". Do you think that is necessary as well? They looked kind of pricey so I'm trying to avoid that if possible. lol.

That would just be for a callback number the way I as suggesting. I was under the impression you were using a dialer which could broadcast the vitality phone number.

Back