800 # for Outbound Calls?

Roy2015

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Nevada
Hi everyone. In your experience, is it better to have an 800 (or any toll free) number show up on the caller ID when I make outbound calls? Or is it better to have my local area code show up on the caller ID when I'm making outbound calls into other states. I have a telemarketer generating me leads now but in many cases when I call the lead back (showing my local area code) they do not pick up the phone. Do you think they would pick up the phone more often if there was an 800 # on the caller ID? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi everyone. In your experience, is it better to have an 800 (or any toll free) number show up on the caller ID when I make outbound calls? Or is it better to have my local area code show up on the caller ID when I'm making outbound calls into other states. I have a telemarketer generating me leads now but in many cases when I call the lead back (showing my local area code) they do not pick up the phone. Do you think they would pick up the phone more often if there was an 800 # on the caller ID? Any help is greatly appreciated!

What type of number is your telemarketer using?.. Apparently they are answering the phone when he/she calls..

What type of number is your telemarketer using?.. Apparently they are answering the phone when he/she calls..

The telemarketers are calling from the Philippines. The dialer is set to show an area code from the state that they are calling into (It has to show something. lol). They may be familiar with the area code from the telemarketers b/c it is from the same state which they live in and maybe that is why they answer. Then I call from out of state with a totally foreign area code so I'm wondering if that is why some of them don't pick up.

The telemarketers are calling from the Philippines. The dialer is set to show an area code from the state that they are calling into (It has to show something. lol). They may be familiar with the area code from the telemarketers b/c it is from the same state which they live in and maybe that is why they answer. Then I call from out of state with a totally foreign area code so I'm wondering if that is why some of them don't pick up.

Why not use an app to do the same they do? As far as I know spoofing is still legal as long as there is no intention to do harm such as committing fraud.

Why not use an app to do the same they do? As far as I know spoofing is still legal as long as there is no intention to do harm such as committing fraud.

Yea I was reading about several spoofing apps the other day. I was wondering if it was legal or not. This looks like the best option. lol. I will look into it further. Thanks for helping!

It won't matter. When someone doesn't recognize the number, they don't answer.

I'm in Southern California and I get 5 sales calls a day on my home phone, business phone and even cell phone. I don't answer calls which have unrecognizable phone numbers.

It won't matter. When someone doesn't recognize the number, they don't answer.

I'm in Southern California and I get 5 sales calls a day on my home phone, business phone and even cell phone. I don't answer calls which have unrecognizable phone numbers.

I always answer my phone..

As someone who has cold called for over 12 years in various industries, cold calling in 2017 is almost dead. It still works, but your average prospect is either on the DNC list, has no land line, acts like a 12 year old when interacting with telemarketers, picks up the phone and doesn't say anything, or they are just out right assholes. I'm not saying cold calling is dead, but it is dying and while it is still worth it to prospect that way if you lower your expectations. With all the scams from overseas telemarketers, they have put a huge negative stigma around anyone doing business over the phone along with the mainstream media constantly talking down about the practice.

Yes, best practice is to use a number in their local area code.

Skype will let you buy as many numbers as you need.

Yea I was reading about several spoofing apps the other day. I was wondering if it was legal or not. This looks like the best option. lol. I will look into it further. Thanks for helping!

As long as you are not using it for an illegal purpose and the number being displayed is a valid number you can be reached at, then you are good to go. So no trying to get around the DNC, showing invalid numbers, numbers that do not connect to you, etc.

Large businesses do it all the time. If you ever get called out of a legit call center: cable company, credit card, telecom, etc. the number displayed will be the main number for the business or customer service line, not a direct line to the person calling you.

Back