ACA and Medicare

midwestbroker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Columbia, MO
While most of us know the ACA on the consumer end really has no effects for Medicare beneficiaries, here it is from CMS (see attached doc).

And yes, I know, there are other things that effect seniors such as reduced payments for services and penalties for hospital re-admissions, etc...But when it comes to choosing a Medicare plan, the ACA marketplace should not effect them (I say "should" because CMS does not allow me to make absolute statements...gotta love insurance agent humor).

Attachments

• Medicare Marketplace FAQs.pdf
    200.7 KB · Views: 24
That poses an interesting question. Can someone who is over 65 but delayed Medicare enrollment or not entitled b/c they have not been in country for 2 years etc..... go on/off exchanges and buy a plan? Is their anything in the law that states you cannot buy coverage over the age of 65?

That poses an interesting question. Can someone who is over 65 but delayed Medicare enrollment or not entitled b/c they have not been in country for 2 years etc..... go on/off exchanges and buy a plan? Is their anything in the law that states you cannot buy coverage over the age of 65?

Yes... Someone over 65 can get ObamaCare regarding the reasons you mentioned. If they have Medicare or eligable for it nope.... Also, there are no tax subsidies for anyone over 64 so don't ask

Back