Advantra Rx NOT Renewing Their Medicare Contract

This may be old news to many of you but i'm starting to get calls from customers i sold the Advantra Rx to 3/4 years ago.

Coventry Medicare: Prescription Drug Plans

I do not sell Rx plans anymore...i just look their meds up on medicare.gov and see what plan is recommended.

What would you do in this situation? I want to be able to provide a service to my clients but my gosh, this is the busiest season of the year and i'm not to excited to be helping with new PDP choices.

I'm thinking of telling them to first refer to their pharmacist and see what they may recommend. Worst case, I can have them give me a list of their meds and look it up on medicare.gov myself.

Here in California, the Coventry AdvantraRx PDP's that are non renewing are all being auto mapped to First Health Premier & Premier Plus.

I have gotten a couple of calls about that. I haven't seen the letter sent to the member, but, one lady said that they would move her to First Health if she did nothing.

I am supposed to see her and read the letter myself. Do you know if that is how Advantra plans to handle it?

I know when Coventry changed thier plans a few years ago the letters said that, if you do nothing, you will be enrolled in the plan that's taking it's place.

one of my customer's sent me a copy of the letter from AdvantraRX dates October 2. Here is what it says (sorry about typos, i type fast):

Dear Mr. Smith,
AdvantraRx Preimer by Coventry Life and Health Insurance Company, a stand-alone prescription drug plan with a Medicare Contract, will no longer operate as of January 1, 2011 so your Medicare Prescription drug coverage through AdvantraRx Premiuer will end December 31, 2010. If you want Medicare prescription drug coverage starting January 1, you need to join a new Medicare drug plan by December 31, 2010.

Take Action by December 31 to avoid losing drug coverage.

If you want Medicare Rx drug coverage after December 31, you need to join another Plan or medicare advantage plan that offers drug coverage.

You can join a new medicare drug plan anytime between October 1 and January 31, 2011. However your AdvantraRx Premier coverage ends December 31, so you should join a new medicare drug plan by december 31 to make sure you have drug coverage january 1. If you join a new plan AFTER december 31, your new coverage won't start until the month after you join.

What happens if you don't join another medicare drug plan?

if you don't join another medicare drug plan by January 31, your next chance to join will be from october 15 through december 7, 2011. You may also have a pay a late-enrollment penalty to join later.

The the letter gives a list of a bunch of companies and the 1-800 Medicare number and website.

It doesn't state anything anywhere about automatically enrolling them into another plan if they do nothing. In fact, it states the opposite.

one of my customer's sent me a copy of the letter from AdvantraRX dates October 2. Here is what it says (sorry about typos, i type fast):

Dear Mr. Smith,
AdvantraRx Preimer by Coventry Life and Health Insurance Company, a stand-alone prescription drug plan with a Medicare Contract, will no longer operate as of January 1, 2011 so your Medicare Prescription drug coverage through AdvantraRx Premiuer will end December 31, 2010. If you want Medicare prescription drug coverage starting January 1, you need to join a new Medicare drug plan by December 31, 2010.

Take Action by December 31 to avoid losing drug coverage.

If you want Medicare Rx drug coverage after December 31, you need to join another Plan or medicare advantage plan that offers drug coverage.

You can join a new medicare drug plan anytime between October 1 and January 31, 2011. However your AdvantraRx Premier coverage ends December 31, so you should join a new medicare drug plan by december 31 to make sure you have drug coverage january 1. If you join a new plan AFTER december 31, your new coverage won't start until the month after you join.

What happens if you don't join another medicare drug plan?

if you don't join another medicare drug plan by January 31, your next chance to join will be from october 15 through december 7, 2011. You may also have a pay a late-enrollment penalty to join later.

The the letter gives a list of a bunch of companies and the 1-800 Medicare number and website.

It doesn't state anything anywhere about automatically enrolling them into another plan if they do nothing. In fact, it states the opposite.

It depends on the state they live in as to whether it's automatically enrolled in First Health. The link above in the original post on this thread explains it.

I wrote for them in Florida and Alabama. In Alabama they are automatically placed in First Health if nothing else is done. In Florida they have to sign up with another PDP plan themselves.

I've got too many people that have PDP plans with me with AdvantraRX to just give them up. I'll be offering other companies.

This may be old news to many of you but i'm starting to get calls from customers i sold the Advantra Rx to 3/4 years ago.

Coventry Medicare: Prescription Drug Plans

I do not sell Rx plans anymore...i just look their meds up on medicare.gov and see what plan is recommended.

What would you do in this situation? I want to be able to provide a service to my clients but my gosh, this is the busiest season of the year and i'm not to excited to be helping with new PDP choices.

I'm thinking of telling them to first refer to their pharmacist and see what they may recommend. Worst case, I can have them give me a list of their meds and look it up on medicare.gov myself.

First Health

Over 65 Medigap coverage Insurance for Seniors Medigap Insurance Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Supplements Aetna Humana Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplement News Retired Persons

Last edited:
Back