AEP Commissions

Still waiting to hear ANYTHING from Humana and Blue Cross Clue Shield of Illinois.:skeptical:

BCBS of Georgia typically pays commissions the month AFTER the effective date. So anything effective January 1st won't be paid until February. At least that's how they've done in the past. Can't imagine it will change now. Not saying BCBS of Illinois is that way, but it is here in Georgia.

BCBS of Georgia typically pays commissions the month AFTER the effective date. So anything effective January 1st won't be paid until February. At least that's how they've done in the past. Can't imagine it will change now. Not saying BCBS of Illinois is that way, but it is here in Georgia.

Regence BC/BS here does it the same way. In addition, they pay as earned on all folks who changed plans. They only pay lump sum on new to MAPD

Regence BC/BS here does it the same way. In addition, they pay as earned on all folks who changed plans. They only pay lump sum on new to MAPD

BCBS doesn't have much to offer here in Georgia. The main players in the metro area are Aetna, Coventry, Cigna, Humana and Piedmont WellStar. Not necessarily in that order. At least those are the main players for me. The only one I've been paid on so far is Coventry and they were my least used carrier this year as far as new business goes.

----------

Looks like Humana will start paying commissions for 1/1/15 effective dates tomorrow, January 9th.

My Humana statement shows that they are paying me true up commissions on pdp plans that shouldn't be. These people had an MAPD, I replaced them with a supp and a stand alone PDP and recieved a true up.

My Humana statement shows that they are paying me true up commissions on pdp plans that shouldn't be. These people had an MAPD, I replaced them with a supp and a stand alone PDP and recieved a true up.

I always received a true up ( if they went on a PDP for the first time) when I have done that and never gotten a chargeback. I have only done it a handful of times however.

I always received a true up ( if they went on a PDP for the first time) when I have done that and never gotten a chargeback. I have only done it a handful of times however.

I thought it would be paid as a renewal. I guess not. Looks like the wife and I wont have to split a Porterhouse this weekend...:yes:

Back